Author Topic: Order of planting  (Read 1264 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Order of planting
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:55 »
I've got limited time available this weekend but want to start getting stuff out on the plot. Daily temperatures all this week have been around 20ºC and night time around 10ºC. I've checked forecasts and that's not likely to change next week but thought I'd err on the side of caution... this is the tender stuff I have to go out (toms went out last week)

Sweetcorn
Squash
Pumpkins
Cucumber
Melon
Water Melon

If you could only plants 2 or 3 what would go first?
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Order of planting
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:03:39 »
Code: [Select]
If you could only plants 2 or 3 what would go first? sweetcorn, squash and pumpkins as they have the longest growing season ahead for ripe crop and they are toughest against cooler conditions as well.

elhuerto

• Acre
Re: Order of planting
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:16:23 »
Thanks, I should have said the sweetcorn has to go out ready or not as it's running away in toilet roll holders. I'd like to get the water melon out as soon as possible but the plants are still a bit on the small side so better if they can wait a bit.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal