Author Topic: Newbury Town Clangers  (Read 5813 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Newbury Town Clangers
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 18:50:40 »
The olive branch is still there whenever they want to take it - I'll sign the new agreement and we'll all get on with our lives.  If you've e-mailed my town councillors you'll know that the council have so far rejected the offer.  On the 17th May it'll be two years since the council served me with the notice of forfeiture, and it's been two whole joy-sapping years, so given that eviction for arrears is the simplest of processess, and assuming for a moment that the council aren't utterly, knuckle-draggingly feckless and incompetent, that leaves just one possible explanation for the dispute having dragged on this long - the council knew from the start they had no grounds to evict me from the allotment I love, but they chose to bluff it out in order to victimise me and they expected me to go without a murmur.  So the olive branch is still there, and the sooner the council accept it the sooner we can all get on with our lives in peace, and until they do, we can't.  As it's always been, it's really rather up to them.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 19:08:10 »
If you really want peace with the council, then that video is doing you no favours, is it?

So you should thank the originator for his/her support but ask them to take it down.

mahonia

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 21:23:08 »
Hi Simon

I think the youtube film was funny and should be the finale to your long running dispute.

PS. did you get my emails about some court cases I found which seemed relevant to your dispute.

Kind regards Roger

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 21:39:23 »
More power too you as far as I'm concerned Simon.
I'm dealing with not dissimilar people myself, as you know.
Well done to whoever put that together too. I'll bet it brought a smile to your face...
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 22:17:03 »
Hi Simon

I think the youtube film was funny and should be the finale to your long running dispute.

PS. did you get my emails about some court cases I found which seemed relevant to your dispute.

Kind regards Roger
Hi Roger, thanks for that, sorry I didn't reply.  Yes indeed, I've followed those, all good stuff.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 16:55:05 »
It seems that Newbury TC have recently voted that they reserve the right to exclude people from the allotment waiting list.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 17:57:29 »
It seems that Newbury TC have recently voted that they reserve the right to exclude people from the allotment waiting list.
Yes, they did that so that I can never have an allotment again.  Ever.  I know that because within a couple of days of making the resolution the council wrote to tell me so.  It's not lawful for a council to discriminate in this way, and a council also has a duty to let allotments to any parishoners who want one so they don't even have the ability to make that resolution, but then this is Newbury.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 18:30:08 »
Yes, they did that so that I can never have an allotment again.  Ever.  I know that because within a couple of days of making the resolution the council wrote to tell me so.  It's not lawful for a council to discriminate in this way, and a council also has a duty to let allotments to any parishoners who want one so they don't even have the ability to make that resolution, but then this is Newbury.

Simon, no problem here in Birmingham, all you have to do is  move - it's opposite our allotments. :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 19:09:12 »
You would be made very welcome Simon ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 19:37:57 »
Simon, no problem here in Birmingham, all you have to do is  move - it's opposite our allotments. :)
It's even convenient for the canal. :)  Thanks Squash and Shilton, but they haven't got me off my plot yet. 8)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal