Author Topic: New Rescue Cats  (Read 5495 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
New Rescue Cats
« on: April 24, 2012, 20:54:16 »
Hi everyone, remember how I said we would be getting cats from the RSPCA? Here they are. Percy is a very fine white persian, he had badly matted fur when he was found, so they had to shave it all off, he will be beautiful when it grows back. He is very laid back, and likes to keep warm in his bed. Florence is gorgeous, she was left out on the street when her family moved house (wouldn't I like to be left in a room alone with them for five minutes  >:( ) she has lovely markings and is a bit shy, but a few prawns will probably sort that out, and as Percy is so laid back, I am sure they will get on. I pick them up in the morning, so stand by for posts about the settling in process!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: New Rescue Cats
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 21:41:44 »
What lucky cats to have found a good home. 

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 09:21:23 »
 :o :o :o :o

Update: Florence is actually George! RSPCA made a mistake, found out when checking microchip records. We have not had a close look at that bit, but now have two boys in the house. Off to buy Feliway...

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:40:55 »
I'm sure you will all be very happy together, they look lovely cats.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:30 »
They do look very handsome.  Hope you have lots of fun with your new moggies.  They are lucky indeed.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:22 »
No wonder Percy likes his warm bed!!!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 13:10:43 »
Awww...how sweet looking they are..even with the 'bad haircut'..AWWW... :)
They look VERY cuddly... ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 13:51:44 »
Lucky cats, lucky you  ;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 13:45:54 »
They are beautiful!  How are they getting on with each other?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 20:17:31 »
Lovely looking cats - how are they getting on?

Alison

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 17:01:21 »
 :-\

As to be expected it's a bit up and down. We have tried to keep them apart for the first few days and are introducing them gradually. Lots of hissing and spitting, but it's only handbags really, only one serious bout.

Percy is not as laid back as we thought at first, he has very clear ideas about where he wants to be and is not happy to share anything at all, he thinks he is Top Cat. The black and white cat, originally Florence, then the RSPCA said he is George, but we have called him Pickle, because he seems to be so curious about absolutely everything and I expect him to get in a bit of a pickle now and again. He is still a bit scared of Percy, but will not back down and has a fine growl.

It's early days yet, I am keeping the faith and fingers well crossed...

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 09:52:54 »
Sounds like they need a bit of adjusting and settling down.  Hope all will be amicable in the end.  Have fun despite the early day hassles.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 07:41:19 »
Still having ups and downs, Percy is not the laid back chap we thought he was! I think he has had a very pampered existence in a previous life and considers himself to be the Top Cat. He is not happy about another cat raining on his parade at all! We have tried to keep them apart, separate rooms etc, but it's proving to be quite a problem. Every time we try a bit of supervised contact Percy goes for Pickle and a massive fight happens. It's not just hissing and spitting anymore, it's a full blown fur flying kind of thing! We have a Feliway plug in, we have tried all the things that the experts say, but nothing helps. Pickle is really coming out of himself now and is a gentle well mannered boy, but scared witless of Percy, and with good reason.

Any ideas anyone?

:'( ???

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 12:30:38 »
Oh dear - I'm surprised that the RSPCA let you have two cats that weren't already ok with each other.  They're  usually very good at making sure the animal is going to settle well.  It's not fair on either cat really.

Sorry, the only thing is to keep going and hope that Percy begins to tolerate pickle.

Alison

MissBaritone

• Half Acre
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:05 »
It can take a while. My male cat Solo reacted furiously when we brought a new cat in. We had the full blown fights but we gave it time. Within a  couple of weeks they tolerated each other being in the same room. Now they get on really well and cuddle up together.

Have they been neutered?

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:18 »
Update: Percy has gone to a friend whose house is perfect for him. He will be pampered and loved and has already settled in to his favourite bed and is being fed chicken and other delicacies. Pickle is happier and has come into his own since Percy went. Peace prevails!
Here he is

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 13:35:31 »
Happy ending  :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal