Author Topic: Allotments that have been given up  (Read 5816 times)

betula

• Hectare
Re: Allotments that have been given up
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 19:32:51 »
YOU SHOULD FEEL GUILTY!!

So many perfect people...............poor B only thought about it :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 20:10:21 »
Wait until dark and don't forget your balaclava
Seriously though, the bloke opposite me disappeared for months and his sweetcorn looked bigger than mine with all the weeds growing, while I tended mine, months went by the sweetcorn, pumpkins and everthing else went rotten and eaten by the insects and birds, turns out he was ill, moved and so on, but a phone call to the site sec asking people to help theirselves would have been in order. The short answer is no because a few onions turns into few rows of carrots then turns inti removing fruit bushes. I agree with Bet, a bit stong Duke.    ::)  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 20:12:09 by cornykev »
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 20:38:35 »
I think taking apples from a plot that has been vacant for three years is fair game!  The council should get their fingers out and let plots Quicker!  Mine was vacant for at least 5 years and had become a dumping ground for everyones rubbish!  I was promised a skip - which was delivered to the wrong end of the site and filled up before I knew about it.  I bagged up the rubbish and put it at the end of my plot for the allotment officer to shift - which he did eventually!  My plot had a greenhouse on it - but all I inherited of it was all the broken glass!!!!  I am unable to use that area now for growing and have made it into a seating area - but it is too big and a waste of space really - but there was so much of the stuff I can't be sure I got it all out! 
I have a mature plum tree which everyone used to help themselves to - the ones that have helped me with advice etc or who I just like and get on with - I let them help themselves to the plums as I could never use them all!  One chap gave me some plum cordial he had made a few years back from them - then warned me not to drink it and drive!!!! It was good stuff!  :P
Grow yer bugger grow!

sarahbell

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 12:24:38 »
On my new plot there are some fence posts a bit of net and a bit of chicken wire.

Pevious tenant wants £25 for them.

Said they are only worth about a tenner to me.............not even that really but I hoard everything I see.

I have not had a reply yet........if he leaves it too long I will be charging storage  :)

Have you signed for the plot?
If so then everything on it is yours.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal