Author Topic: Thompson and Morgan  (Read 6833 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Thompson and Morgan
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:52:38 »
Before I went away I told you all that I had ordered some sweet peas with my £10 voucher I got for doing the survey.
They didn't arrive so I phoned them. Apparently the order did not go through so the nice man let me have the stuff anyway using the voucher even though it it had expired on 4th April.
There is hope after all ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Thompson and Morgan
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59:16 »
I had some raspberry canes last year and just over half failed so I complained and they send a complete new batch.  I suppose if half of those fail I might have a complete set.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:43:41 »
I have completely changed my mind about T&M.
Looked at the phone bill today and it cost me £5 to phone and ask about my order.Not ony that. I received a letter today telling me that the plants I ordered were not up to standard and because they take such great pride in the plants they send out they have decided to send my order in March 2013.
I have just emailed them and told them that I would prefer to have my money back
                             I want em saying

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:57 »
£5 !!!!... :o Blimey  :o So that is how the finance their 'freebies' and vouchers... ::)

edit; just copied this from their website.. "The charge rate per minute to call our Customer Care team is the equivalent of BT’s average national rate of 5p per minute. However calls from mobiles & some networks may vary"

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:00:38 by goodlife »

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:10:57 »
I phoned from Virgin
                             I want em saying

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 08:21:20 »
I would be tempted to send email and ask how much calls from Virgin network costs... ;D..give them something to sort out.. ;D
Unless you fell on sleep while in phone..that amount of money for simple phone call sounds rip off.
I'm on Virgin too..must remember not using phone for T&M now  >:(

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:48:38 »
I thouht I would look up the cost of calling T&M form BT and Virgin, thought it would only take a minute, how wrong could I be.

So far I think I have worked out the virgin price, 14.94p connection then 12.41p per minute.
Not 100% sure this is correct or if it includes VAT, but I got to go to work now so will have to continue this later, if somebody else does not do it first.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 08:52:49 »
Code: [Select]
So far I think I have worked out the virgin price, 14.94p connection then 12.41p per minute.Wow..no wonder then.. :o
Did you find that out from Virgin site?

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 09:22:30 »
Saynoto0870 gives two other numbers:

01473 688821
01473 695200

If you have a "free calls" type bundle, they should be free.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:34:50 »
My call to scottish power cost me £7.00, just to sort out a problem with their website. I now know I can ask on line for a call back  ::)
I don't like T&M customer service, Shirl, I'd be very reluctant to buy from them again, shame you're not nearer, we've got buckets of sweet peas for sale, and our customer service is very good    ;D

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 09:44:52 »
I always email companies first as the call costs can be very sneaky.
I had reason to contact our bank (Barclays) and despite banking online I went round and round their site trying to get an email address,Failed and had to go into branch as all the numbers listed where chargeable.  >:(
sanity is overated

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:39 »
The cost of calling them with a BT line is 5.105 pence/min inc VAT, I guess you have to add the connection charge to that.

The virgin cost is 14.94 connection then 12.41 pence per minute, as far as I can tell this does not include VAT.

0844 numbers have a range of prices so if you call a different 0844 number you can be charged a different rate, so the above is for numbers starting 0844 248.

I got these of their websites
For BT go to
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_SpecialNos.pdf

Use the links on page 2 to look up the charge band for the number (G6 in this case) and then find the price for that band.

For Virgin the pages are

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/010911_Non%20geo_V1.pdf for the price bands.
http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Residential_Cable_April12.pdf for the prices.

Now I know how Virgin can afford to send me 52 copies of their latest special offers each year.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 17:33:21 »
We were given this site to find alternative numbers today  ;D
http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 18:01:45 »
InfraDig mentioned that earlier.
Do be aware, some numbers on the site do not get you through to the right department, for example, alternative number for credit cards are often the number for lost cards, so just be aware of that you may have to ask to be put through to the right department.

This reminds me some good customer service the OH of a friend had.

She only has a mobile, no land line so has the same problem that some numbers being very expensive.
She rang orange to ask why it cost so much money to call her bank.
The nice woman at orange, said 'That is what orange charge' but she banks at the same back so here is a number you can call for free. ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 19:54:29 »
InfraDig mentioned that earlier.
Oops, should read the whole of a thread  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:09 »
I did try to email them first but the reply said that they were having problems answering emails at the moment and it could be some time before I got a reply.Thats why I resorted to phoning.
Needless to say i won't be phoning them ever again.
                             I want em saying

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 09:03:57 »
Well I never.I had acall from Thompson and Morgan this morning. The lady said that she could not refund my £6.95 that I paid for postge but that she could give me another £10 voucher.
I told her that it was more trouble than it was worth and that I had telephoned them because their emailing system was down. Told her that it cost me £5 to phone them.She said how sorry she was and offered me a £20 voucher to cover it all.
P.S. I have just had another call from teh lady to see that she can now refund my £6.95 and also send me a £15 voucher.
RESULT ;D
                             I want em saying

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 09:17:27 »
Your a proper Ol smooooth talker Shirl...... ;)

But nada you didnt deserve in the 1st place.

Gazza

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 09:27:52 »
Gosh..they are being 'friendly'.
I'm not usually trying to find negative sides from the good news..but I can't help thinking with all these 'vouches' and 'freebies' they keep giving that we must be paying over the odds for their seeds and plants.
I've got pile of unopened mail that I need to get rid of..all just 'rubbish' and there is several from T&M that advertize on envelope having free £5 voucher inside.. ::)..and I've already used some... ::)

Its not often I turn down 'freebies' ..but I'm starting to think T&M going over the top with the amount of mail they keep sending.

You've done well Shirl!  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 11:34:31 »
Looking back at my post at the spelling mistakes I must have been really excited by it all ;D
                             I want em saying

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal