Author Topic: Hello everyone, been a while - new greenhouse  (Read 2052 times)

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
Hello everyone, been a while - new greenhouse
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:37 »
Hi everyone,

Not been on here in quite a while.  My garden veggie plot has now been covered over with grass so the kids had more space and my 6x6 greenhouse got destroyed in the recent storms.

I claimed for a new one and decided to go for a 5 x 10 which will allow me a lot more space. Its great having the greenhouse back up and running.

Its heated with an electric fan 2kw heater and keeps things cozy. Doesnt go below 10 degrees so i have already planed two tomatow plants in grow bags and the other seedlings are comming along really well.

Still planting in pots and raised beds and looking forward to this growing season.

How is everyone, Teegee, Saadad, Tim ?

Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

Chrispy

• Hectare
Re: Hello everyone, been a while - new greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:48 »
Hello Chris, welcome back.

I also lost my greenhouse in the winds, but I was so lucky that somebody nearby was wanting to get rid of one, so I have now got a replacement up.
It's a bit smaller than before by about 6 inches each way, but it is more solid and in better condition than previous one and better anchored.

It is such a nice feeling not having to look at the empty space that was my greenhouse.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:04:08 »
Hi again, I was interested in your mention of the electric fan, I have just bought one as I lost a load of seedlings in my until now unheated greenhouse; does it reliably cut in and out to keep it frost free?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 13:12:04 »
Hi again, I was interested in your mention of the electric fan, I have just bought one as I lost a load of seedlings in my until now unheated greenhouse; does it reliably cut in and out to keep it frost free?

Hi Deb,

I lost the instructions to mine so just messing about with it but so far it works well. Doesnt let it go below 10 degrees. Not should of the cost though as its been on quite a lot, even during the day. Might turn it down to the 1kw setting and see how i get on.

Good luck with your one.

Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 14:52:24 »
Blimey where have you been mate, it must be at least about 3 years in July, your garden has been transformed, any piccies of old and new to compare.   :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 15:38:11 »
Welcome back to you and your GH ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything