Author Topic: Poor Rotavator  (Read 17771 times)

Coastie

• Quarter Acre
Re: Poor Rotavator
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 18:20:54 »
I've just been given an old Howard 350 with a kohler engine on it.  It hasn't been used for a few years and I know it's not siezed because the pull cord turned the engine.  I won't try starting it until I've cleaned out the fuel tank, filters and changed the oil.  Then hopefully I can get on and use it.

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 18:24:39 »
Good machine to be given, look after it:)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 23:57:17 »
Good machine to be given, look after it:)

A wonderful machine!

I'm still using my Howard 200 - one pull and away she went again this year after 12 months snooze. Ran beautifully and saved me hours of hefty work - greatly appreciated as I am so short of free time.

It's such a shame that Howards are no longer made but I did find this: Stiga Silex 95H but you need to add one of these Stiga Silex Rear Cultivator. It makes for a rather expensive machine and one that is not as heavy and robust as the old Howard 350 or 200 if it comes to that.

An alternative might be: The Husqvarna TR430

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 00:15:05 »
I'm trying to find the time to put a pulley on a spare Honday 3.5HP engine I have knocking around so I can fit it to my Howard 200.... the 400 started up again this year and has put my spuds in and bashed a bot of a mates lottie around , but the issues with the wear on the engine adn transmission are getting harder to ignore, one tim ein three, when you stop you will need to take the plug out and clean it, and the JAP 4/3 seems to lack puff at the bottom end, which is insane for a 300cc sidevalve...as the heavy stuff is done, I could do with the 200 back in service sooner rather than later, and as soon as it in then the 400 engine can go to the doctors and I can try and track down the bits I need to improve its drivetrain and transmission.... really what I want is a unit that's lost its engine, as I'd like an extra set of wheels, preferably lugged, to double wheel it, a transmission that I can refurb back to "good as new" and a rotor I can convert to pick-tines... time and space and space and time.....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal