Author Topic: Anyone like some Bangladeshi tomato seeds?  (Read 4797 times)

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
Re: Anyone like some Bangladeshi tomato seeds?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 13:12:57 »
Arrived today - thanks Betty. Your gemsquash are in the post today.. Please confirm if these can be grown outdoors as well as GH?
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

springs

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 22:15:37 »
Many thanks arrived today, put yours in the post this morning   Phil

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 04:48:33 »
I grew mine in the greenhouse last year but this year I'm putting some outside.

The seed packet didn't give the variety, or if it did it was in Bengali (?) and the chap who gave them to me didn't know anything about them apart from they were tomatoes!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 12:36:02 »
I grew mine in the greenhouse last year but this year I'm putting some outside.

The seed packet didn't give the variety, or if it did it was in Bengali (?) and the chap who gave them to me didn't know anything about them apart from they were tomatoes!

Ok Betty - I'll try the GH and outdoors..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 18:36:37 »
Betty, earlier in your thread you mentioned there were lots in the packet, was it a commercial one he gave you, if not does your friend have any history on them, eg how many years has he grown them and where they originally from a commercial packet. He may have a name for them in his language.  I can translate it of he can write it down.Did he grow them in his own country.

I love the detective work on "new  tomatoes``

If this is one that has been in his family a long time it is very exciting.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 21:09:07 »
Betty, earlier in your thread you mentioned there were lots in the packet, was it a commercial one he gave you, if not does your friend have any history on them, eg how many years has he grown them and where they originally from a commercial packet. He may have a name for them in his language.  I can translate it of he can write it down.Did he grow them in his own country.

I love the detective work on "new  tomatoes``

If this is one that has been in his family a long time it is very exciting.

XX Jeannine

Hi Jeannine,
Yes, it was a commercial packet but I gave it away and just kept some seeds.  Last week he told me that he buys his seeds from a Bangladeshi shop here in Birmingham but it is the other side of the city from me so I can't go and do some detective work.  ;)

Next time I see him I'll ask him if he remembers the name but I'm guessing that he won't.  He showed me some packets of squash which were all different to each other but he called them all the same name.

I posted yours on Tuesday.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 05:41:09 »
Thanks Betty, I appreciate the seeds anyway and a good mystery is always interesting. Funny about the squash though.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal