General > Pets Corner

Strange visiting cats!

(1/6) > >>

Palustris:
We have an odd thing going on here at present. When Bill was ill we saw a long haired black and white cat in the garden. It fled when it saw me and we have not seen it again. However, yesterday Anne saw two cats down the garden and thought that one was Ben and the other the black cat. However, today I have seen another much smaller short haired black cat which fled when I approached it, but this evening we have both seen yet another cat which was small and tortoiseshell like. It ran away when our neighbours old cat arrived. The neighbours have no new ones and the nearest Farm cats look nothing like these and the farm is a fair distance away. Strange.

Obelixx:
Just wondering if you've still got your strangers and if you've found out where they've come from.

We have adopted a small cat I found sleeping in our barn last September after I'd seen her hanging around all summer.  i'd assumed she was a neighbouring farm cat but no.  Now we have a tabby and white tom who sneaks in at night and nicks food - and sprays - so we've taken to locking the cat flap but I've enquired and he's not a farm cat either .

I found him already curled up in the garage on Monday night and it was so filthy outside I didn't have the heart to kick him out so I left him some food and water and locked the inside cat flap instead.  OH says I'm barmy but I reckon a cat in need needs our help.

Palustris:
We are feeding the two of them at present, both are very very nervous. Eventually we will have to catch them and have them neutered if nothing else. Trouble is both our existing cats chase them away whenever they see them. And Bill has to have special (expensive ) food so we can only put food out when he and Ben are safely tucked in for the night.

Obelixx:
Good luck.  It took me two months to catch Pusscat and get her neutered and it was just as well as she'd apparently had several litters and developed cystic ovaries.  Since then she's become a determinedly indoors cat but dislikes the resident cat and dog so stays upstairs.  In fact she only seems to like my daughter.

I shall feed the tom and see how it goes.

Palustris:
These are the two feral kittens we are feeding and hoping to catch. They are obviously  litter siblings as they feed from the same bowl with no arguing, but are very different colours.

We put out food last night and the black and white one had had a good feed and was then joined by the other. When the bowl was empty, the black one came and looked at the back door where we were watching and meowed. So Anne went out and put more food in the bowl. The gingery one went off over the gate, but the black and white one only moved out of reach. It came back before the door was closed. The gingery one came back a few minutes later. When the bowl was empty, guess what?  Repeat performance. This time though they had obviously had enough as they then went off together, down the garden.
Really need names for them. the black and white one has four white paws by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version