Author Topic: Wiring question (warning: this may be a dumb one)  (Read 6367 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Wiring question (warning: this may be a dumb one)
« on: March 24, 2012, 19:35:23 »
The last 2 solar powered fountains have lasted just over a year each so this year I bought a better quality pump as the panels are still fine. The pump arrived today and as I don't want to mess up, I'd like to ask what might be a very dumb question. The pump has 2 wires coloured blue and brown, the wires from the solar panel are black and red - does it matter which is connected to which? Please feel free to chortle  :)

Cheers!
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

elhuerto

• Acre
Re: Wiring question (warning: this may be a dumb one)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 21:48:04 »
Black to blue, red to brown I hope.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 22:09:39 »
Brown and blue are normally for live and neutral on a mains AC powered device.

Red and black will normally be for a low voltage DC device.

So my first question is have you bought a suitable pump, is it a DC pump of the correct voltage and will the solar panals be enough to drive it.

If you do have the correct pump, then red to brown & black to blue seems the most likely, but if it is wrong the only thing that will happen is the pump will go backwards.

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 22:27:57 »
Thanks Chrispy, that's reassuring - will see how it goes tomorrow.

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 18:30:47 »
It works a treat, nice sunny day so got a good flow. Pond still looks like pea soup mind you.  ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal