Author Topic: Facebook Campaign  (Read 43339 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Facebook Campaign
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2012, 13:55:58 »
Good luck for tomorrow evening Simon,
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

TAB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 14:14:26 »
good luck for tomorrow and keep fighting. you give a lot of people good advice like us as we would not know what to do if it was not for you and PL and other people like you all. Thank you and good luck and keep up the fight.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2012, 16:23:34 »
All the best Simon.   :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 16:51:37 »

Good luck to you Simon, don't give up.
   June.

tony69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2012, 09:44:25 »
Hi Simon,
You really helped us with our allotment problems and if there is anything we can do in return please let us know. We feel for you matey keep fighting while ever you can, it really is not fair to allow bullies to behave in this way and get away with it. Good luck
tony69

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2012, 09:57:11 »
GOOO LUCK today Simon  :)
sanity is overated

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2012, 10:01:07 »
keeping everything crossed for you, good luck  :)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2012, 12:02:48 »
Home for lunch.  Went over first thing this morning to find they'd fenced it round with that orange plastic fencing hung on road pins, so spent five minutes pulling that down.  You'd think we were living in a police state.  They really need to start talking to me, this is a totally discraceful way for a public authority to behave.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 13:45:11 by pumpkinlover »
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2012, 13:01:44 »
Home for lunch.  Went over first thing this morning to find they'd fenced it round with that orange plastic fencing hung on road pins, so spent five minutes pulling that down.  You'd think we were living in a police state.  They really need to start talking to me, this is a totally discraceful way for a public authority to behave.

It sounds pretty silly to me. Was the plastic fencing supposed to do something other than make a statement?

They sound very petty to me.

pumkinlover

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2012, 13:46:10 »

So when did that happen and which public employee got paid weekend rate or overtime to do it? ::) ::) ::)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2012, 15:30:29 »
Just got back off holiday. How could we not support you our friend after all that you have done for us.I really do hope that the council acts responsibly towards you Simon.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2012, 16:27:36 »
Good luck simon keep up the fight all the best. Lottiman. :)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2012, 19:16:34 »
No more drama this evening.  Went over with the photographer from the Newbury Weekly News to get some shots of the crumpled fencing.

Many thanks for all the good vibrations coming my way, they surely helped, and very many thanks for the support you have shown on my Facebook campaign page - http://www.facebook.com/NewburyGrowingPains
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2012, 21:26:56 »
Grow some Peas up the orange fencing thats what using mine for.    ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 18:26:16 »
No more interference today.  Newbury Weekly News is putting someting in the paper this week I think.

Time for the Council to start talking to me I would suggest - and the council visit regularly so they'll see what's being said.

If anyone felt like e-mailing any of my local councillors encouraging them to discuss a just resolution to this long dispute their e-mail addresses are here:  http://www.newbury.gov.uk/councillors.php

Julian Swift-Hook is the (Lib Dem) leader of the Council, and Adrian Edwards is one of my (Conservative) ward councillors.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2012, 18:38:08 »
Would it be a good idea for someone on here to draft a letter that we could all put our name to. I am not really any good at putting stuff down on paper.
                             I want em saying

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 21:31:26 »
I have emailed Julian.I have asked that they reconsider pointing out that we can not gag everyone who happens to disagree with us.

Hope everybody can do the same :)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 22:27:12 »
I have emailed Julian.I have asked that they reconsider pointing out that we can not gag everyone who happens to disagree with us.

Hope everybody can do the same :)
You're a star Betula.

Sorry Shirl, I don't know where to start.  Maybe something like "Dear Julian, Newbury Town Council is evicting Simon Kirby because he didn't pay what he claimed to be an unlawful rent increase.  He didn't pay the increase because you wouldn't discuss the fairness with him, and he's criticised you and the town council publicly about that because you called him vexatious and tried to shut him up.  Maybe Simon was wrong about the tenancy agreement, he's not a lawyer, he's just a bloke with an allotment and a social conscience who's concerned to see that his fellow allotmenteers get a fair deal from their town council, and even though losing his allotment would be a blow for such an enthusiast he felt even more strongly that it was important to assert his rights.  Don't you agree that the best way forward is for you to cut Simon some slack for standing up for his plot buddies and let him garden his allotment in peace, and then work to resolve this issue through negotiation?"

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2012, 23:32:49 »
Keep the faith Simon..........I am sure this can be resolved through negotiation.

Let us hope that common sense will prevail .

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:14 »
Hi Simon. Thanks for helping (once again). Have sent the email to Julian and Howard
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:09:06 by shirlton »
                             I want em saying

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal