Author Topic: Facebook Campaign  (Read 43196 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Facebook Campaign
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 12:12:42 »
Setting up the page etc isnt really hard but it really is only the beginning..  I have setup a few pages etc so pls ask if there is something specific you want help with
Really after that it is all about marketing I'm afraid - You have to get attention and get people to "like" your page, make comments, get the page address published etc.

One thing is that you need a certain amount of like before you can chose a friendly name for your page.  You will start will something like https://www.facebook.com/pages/name_of_your_page/150849768361854 which is impossible to remember - after 15 likes (I think) you get to chose https://www.facebook.com/name_of_your_page or whatever you want.

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Bubbles26

• Quarter Acre
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 12:48:46 »
I will support your FB page as soon as you have set it up.

Have you tried taking your story to the national press, what with all the cuts being made at present and the fact that all you really want to do is work hard to feed yourself through tough times and the council are denying you that right out of a dislike for you.

I know that may be a bit 'dramatic' but a angle like that might make an impression on a newspaper.

To qualify, I have worked for companies like the Daily Mail Group (don't abuse me for it I needed the money lol  :-[ ) and know that if you send them a press release with a catchy title, that they don't have to do much editing to, if there is not much going on you have a fair chance of getting it published.

Wish I could be of some help, I really sympathise with you and can't imagine how I would feel if someone wanted to take my plot away. :(

Good luck

P.S - A twitter account might be useful as you can get far more people 'following' you in a short time, could you set up a petition that you could direct people to sign?

If you need help with the twitter account I would be more than happy.

2015 - New plot. Let's go!!

Poolcue

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 14:26:34 »
Why don't you post your story on facebook pages like Thompson@Morgan,Gardener's World etc so a lot of garden type people get to hear of your predicament

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 14:27:06 »
I'll sign too. The council's behaviour is outrageous. We get on better with our Town council but they have their moments too.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 14:38:51 »
And newbury council if your snooping in today this is for you.   :P :P :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 14:57:25 »
I'll be happy to support you on Facebook and Twitter.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 18:23:24 »
Me too Simon....... ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 22:05:33 »
Thanks again guys.  Im struggling to understand FB and struggling to find time at the moment too so I'll get the page up as soon as I can but it isn't going to be until after the weekend I think - sorry.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 23:25:21 »
Simon
You should make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman...

Looking at issues of former cases where the council had a dispute with an allotment holder in one case over alteration of a tenancy agreement it was found that the case should of been ..quote

"ensure that the facts in any dispute about allotments are determined by someone independent
of the parties, and seek advice from the National Secretary of Allotment and Leisure Gardens
on allotment law."

Telephone the LGO Advice Team on 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983 and make your complaint over the telephone or go to http://www.lgo.org.uk/making-a-complaint/submitting-a-complaint/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 23:35:44 by daveyboi »
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 23:42:19 »
Have you spoken to your MP about this, Simon?  I see he is a Conservative and the Newbury District Council appears to be Lib Dems.  Although the two parties form a coalition in National Government, I think beneath the surface they seem to really dislike each other.  It could well be worth your while approaching him.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 14:55:45 »
I think Simon's spoke to everyone, bar the pope, on this one.    ???

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:26 »
Keep at it Simon

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 17:41:18 »
Isn't there a TV show over there thast looks into unfair stuff like this.

Try an MP

What happens if you start gardenuing on the 1st..with the press present

What if you sign the thingy and then regroup and try again..what have you to lose?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 18:16:37 »
I think Simon's spoke to everyone, bar the pope, on this one.    ???
Ha!  You know me Kev, very reticent. ;)

I've had a well-earned weekend away and I'm working tomorrow so I'm still working out a plan.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 09:12:13 »
I spoke to the Pope this morning Simon, only I couldn't understand bloody a word he said.      :-X      ;)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 10:03:50 »
I spoke to the Pope this morning Simon, only I couldn't understand bloody a word he said.      :-X      ;)

It was probably: "Bless you my son" which translates into "Keep at it"  ;)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 16:33:14 »
I think I've managed to create a page but it's rubbish and I can't for the life of me work out how to add content and stuff.

It's here - http://www.facebook.com/NewburyGrowingPains - and if you can support me by liking it that would be fantastic.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a few hints on how to manage the content and such because I'm really all at sea.  Thanks.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 18:18:04 »
The 'likes' have started but I'm sorry, I can't advise on how to improve the site.  As soon as you can get the messages bit going we can all start a dialogue.   :)

Good luck

G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

pumkinlover

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 18:37:39 »
Simon -just so you know I swore I would never join facebook again- but hey ho!! ( I also said I would never get a computer / go on the internet!)
For you it's worth it ;)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 18:39:01 »
I have posted on your page but alas I cannot help with design sorry.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal