Author Topic: Stress  (Read 1272 times)

betula

• Hectare
Stress
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:43:08 »
is having gas central heating put in.............they have had to dig up the road here but this two hundred year old house is freezing with only super expensive electric heaters to warm it up.Most of the nightmare is over ....just waiting now for the meter to be put in the cellar.

The secondary glazing goes in on Monday.

Just in time for summer LOL :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Stress
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:06:29 »
As it's Britain Summer may be over in a couple of weeks..  :-X

mentallot

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:49 »
My old place had effectively an electric boiler in the airing cupboard, heating water to radiators. Really efficient, silent, maintenance free and heating costs comparable or slightly less with oil.
If anyone's interested :)

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:14:31 »
Hey Denise!

You won't know yourself!  Happy days!  Are you having one of the new "condensing" boilers - make sure that the outlet pipe for the steam or whatever is well insulated as a lot of these types of boilers (and I think the government are demanding that this is the only type to use nowadays) tend to work beautifully until it gets very cold and the outlet pipes (for the steam or whatever) freeze up and so the boiler no longer works!!!!!  I think the installers are aware of the problem but just as well to check before they go home!

Probably the worst if over now but it will be nice and toasty in the evenings when you need a little warmth.

Ann  ;D

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 16:01:03 »
We had a new condensing boiler last year, there is a little gizmo which fits on the outlet pipe which kicks in when temps get low, stops the pipe freezing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal