Author Topic: Complete short survey for £10 Thompson & Morgan voucher, free stuff using vouche  (Read 14012 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
".....Whatever way you look at it 8 packets of seed for £1.95 postage isn't bad...."

I agree, which made me so surprised to receive yesterday a very light, small packet of the tiniest oca you can imagine (5), and no sign yet of the seeds. I had had to pay just under £7 for p&p! But the accompanying form said oca cost £0.00 and the P&P cost £0.00. It will be interesting to see what the form with the seed packets (2). Can they really charge me nearly £7 postage for what amounts to 3 packets of seeds?
pay £1.95 postage.

I ordered 6 packets of seeds and they only charged me £1.95 postage.  I would query the postage costs with them artichoke.   

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
T&M charge 1.95 postage on seeds and 4.95 for everything else.

So if you buy one plug plant and 1 packet of seeds, you pay 6.90 P&P.

But that is the maximum charge.  So if you buy a box of plug plants coming from Jersey, some raspberry canes dispatched from who knows where and a bag of seed potatoes, you pay 4.95 even though your order is sent as 3 separate parcels.

::)

Ellen K

• Hectare
I've bought a lot from T&M but never again.  I used a Tesco Clubcard voucher towards buying seed potatoes and onion sets, order placed at the end of last year.  Harlequin potatoes substituted with PFA, even though they are still promo-ing Harlequin on their website.  Rosanna onions substituted with Red Baron received yesterday, when it is too late to find any other white onion sets in the shops.  They cant refund because too much time has elaspse since they took payment from my credit card though they gave me some b0ll0x about it being because of part payment with Tesco points.

Well dischuffed, trying Unwins next year.

Ellen K

• Hectare
**glad to have got that off mu chest**

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
A ten squid voucher??

Coo that was good. I'm sure I had only a £5 voucher but that was through the post.  :(

Free P&P if you spent over £50 - I should cocoa!!

So now, at last, I've twigged!  :-[

If only I had read the very first post, instead of hopping in halfway through, I would have realised where the £10 voucher actually came from in the first place.  ::)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
It is so lovely to get a parcel of seeds, instead of the usual bills, or bank statement (overdrawn again).
I paid £1.95 postage, and got
Runner bean (white lady)
Mangetout
Climbing bean (Cobra)
Cosmos
Tomato (Sungold)
Radish
Lettuce
Carrot (fly away F1 hydrid)
Courgette
Spinach

and £40 off a case of wine (how do they know I drink), but have to spend £59.99 or more and pay £4.99 postage, so think I will give that a miss.

So a big thank you to the orginator of this, but I really must not buy any more seeds as will have to get another allotment.  ;D ;D ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
We didn't sow any sweet peas this year due to the holiday so have just ordered some using my £10 voucher
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lisaparkin

• Acre
I did the survey, never got the email  :(

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
I did the survey, never got the email  :(

call them

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
All 11 Sungold seeds have germinated and are all nearly an inch high.   :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
All 11 Sungold seeds have germinated and are all nearly an inch high.   :D

I thought there were 11 Sungold seed in the packet too. Not sure how I ended up with 12 plants!!  ::)

Poolcue

• Half Acre
Postie delivered this lot this morning

Tomato 'Sungold' F1 Hybrid
Runner Bean 'White Lady'
Radish 'French Breakfast 3'
Tomato 'Sungella'
Cucumber 'Picolino' F1 Hybrid (Organic)
Petunia x hybrida 'Prism Mixed' F1 Hybrid
Primula japonica 'Miller's Crimson'
Nasturtium 'Black Velvet'

As if I needed any more Tomato seeds.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
Postie delivered this lot this morning

Tomato 'Sungold' F1 Hybrid
Runner Bean 'White Lady'
Radish 'French Breakfast 3'
Tomato 'Sungella'
Cucumber 'Picolino' F1 Hybrid (Organic)
Petunia x hybrida 'Prism Mixed' F1 Hybrid
Primula japonica 'Miller's Crimson'
Nasturtium 'Black Velvet'

As if I needed any more Tomato seeds.

They'll do nicely for next year or you could always swap them.  ;)

Never look a gift (?) horse in the mouth. I was never too sure where that saying came from.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Well I got my onions and shallots!
Unfortunately they had to substitute the variety of shallots for another as they ran out.

So they send me a five pound gift voucher off my next order!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
I am starting to like the evil empire.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

cambourne7

• Hectare
Yep i am like that spotted this today and am so so very tempted

Hibiscus 'Hardy Giants Collection' 3 plants
Hardy Shrub
NEW in 2012
Giant-flowered and hardy
Superb Rose Mallows bearing huge flowers of up to 30cm (12") across! Bred in Nebraska by the Fleming brothers, the 'Van Gogh's' of flower breeding, these large flowering hardy hibiscus look amazing in large patio pots or planted in borders with your favourite perennials. The short lived flowers open in succession throughout the summer providing a long flowering period that reaches well into autumn. Height: 120cm (47"). Spread: 75cm (30").
Collection comprises:
Hibiscus moscheutos 'Cranberry Crush' - Huge, crimson red flowers.
Hibiscus 'Kopper King' - Candy cane pink flowers produced against a backdrop of striking copper red foliage.
Hibiscus moscheutos 'Old Yella' - Gently ruffled primrose yellow flowers.
£6.99
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/all-other-seeds-and-plants/shrubs-and-roses/hibiscus-hardy-giants-collection/p94311TM

and then there was this deal for a penny
Bedding and Borders Mix 36 plants
Fill your beds and borders with this lovely selection of pansies and petunias.
Collection comprises:
Petunia 'Bedding' Mix - A beautiful range of petunias that will add some striking colour to your garden.
Petunia 'Frenzy' Mixed - An interesting blend of weather resistant blooms in pure colours, picotees, veined, and some with bright, white stars. Perfect for a long lasting display in your containers, beds and borders.
Pansy 'Ballerina' Mixed - Unusual frilly tutu-like flowers of ‘Ballerina’ will create a bright carnival of colour throughout the summer. The delicately ruffled petals will make a stunning display.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/flower-plants/annual-plants/bedding-and-borders-mix/p96185TM
Got this when i ordered my propagator as the postage was for non seeds :) they arrived saturday and look quite healthy so thats my front garden sorted.
Love the idea of the hibiscus plants in pots as a screen for the back of the garage.

tempting :)

Cam

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
Thanks for the tip Cam.

I was very tempted to go for some foxgloves at that price for Mrs Plots as she loves them. But, when I mentioned it to her, she tells me a local nursery sells them for just over £1 each so by the time T&M's postage charge is added it's cheaper up the road.  :(

And there was me all set to add one or two extra things to the order.   :( ::)

cambourne7

• Hectare
But if your ordering already the postage is sort of already applied (that is if your buying other plants rather than just seeds :) )

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
But if your ordering already the postage is sort of already applied (that is if your buying other plants rather than just seeds :) )

Very true.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal