Author Topic: Charlie  (Read 4335 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Charlie
« on: March 15, 2012, 18:15:20 »
Charlie went to the vet today to have his claws cut, as we are having two new white leather settees next week and don't really want scratch marks on them when he jumps up, even though we will put throws on them.  The vet whom we saw (as the veterinary nurse was not there) was very good and cut his claws, shaved a lump of fur which we couldn't do with scissors and only charged just under £10. Pleased I changed from the Village Vet who seemed to charge me a fortune.  So Charlie lives on, he may have to have more blood tests, but the vet didn't insist as he is 21 yrs old, so obviously not perfect.  Update on the terrible twins, both asleep on the roof of their owners house, I can see from the bedroom window, so result.  Dulce still runs to me when he sees me in the garden but am trying not to encourage him.  He is a bit of a liar as goes next door, as she gets up early, then along the alley, then here, and sometimes home, so he is not so hard done by as he pretends, so as the weather is nice, I am not going to let him in the house.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Charlie
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 19:54:35 »
Spoke too soon, Dulce is back as forgot to lock the cat flap and having a lovely sleep, but nasty lady will have to kick him out and get the water pistol on him.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:30:28 »
You seem to be doing a wonderful job with Charlie. I wish our old girl had lived that long  :'(  :'(
Friends of ours had a very old cat like that, we were not even really sure of her age, but we are guessing over 20. She had a wonderful life and was much loved, and one morning was found "asleep" in her basket. If we should all be so lucky!!!
As you say, at 21, he's not going to be perfect but he sounds like he is still enjoying his lot if life!!! They have it good don't they?

Shame about Dulce. Although I understand, I would be miffed if my cat preferred someone else! But they are funny creatures and hard to say where their loyalty lies. May I suggest that she just prefers you for her own reasons! Pity you have to chase her away but you'll just get aggro otherwise, won't you?
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:50:54 »
Pleased to hear that Charlie is still ok
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal