Author Topic: Seedy Sunday in Nott'm 4th March  (Read 1434 times)

irridium

• Acre
Seedy Sunday in Nott'm 4th March
« on: February 28, 2012, 14:00:59 »
http://www.stonebridgecityfarm.com/posts/565 i shall be there to help out. if anyone's coming especially, PM i'll let you know if you wanna recognise me...

pumkinlover

Re: Seedy Sunday in Nott'm 4th March
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 14:07:38 »
Sorry I am working :(
Hope it goes well for you!

winecap

• Acre
    • Jon's Allotment
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 22:41:07 »
Sorry, I wont be able to make it either, but we are hosting ours on Saturday. This is the first for our site and will be quite a small affair, but I wonder whether you have any suggestions on what makes a good seed swap?

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 23:01:12 »
We had our local one the weekend before last, and I hope it's a successful one for you Irridium.

Variation I think Winecap, something for everyone from the beginner to the expert  :).

http://www.transitionhorsham.org.uk/photosSeedySaturday2012.html

Ninnys

irridium

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:10:50 »
well, i displayed a couple of flyers around town tho' i know it'd draw more attention if they were displayed in out of town garden centres but as i don't drive, it would have to be those who go into libraries and s/markets to draw the pubic in (tho' one is at a busy plant stall in the indoor market).

winecap: i'm not part of the City Farm, I just know someone who's part of the gardening team and I've volunteered my time this Sunday (they're always crying out for volunteers as their funding is limited yr upon yr). I think last year were their first year in hosting the event, but they had their tables set out with under different headings - veg (these are sub-divided), flower, annual, perennial etc., They also had a corner for children to take part in an art activity with seeds with glue  - lentils, pulses of various colours etc.,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal