Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 56254 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:39 »
You paid off your mortgage thats awesome. How lovely to own every brick in the place now. Well done!

x sunloving

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 12:10:52 »
Some truly amazing Good news!

A couple of weeks ago, despite having warned him to lock it, my father’s new carer (a lad in his late teens) had his bicycle stolen from outside my parent's new home. We were not that shocked.

Unfortunately his bike was not covered by any insurance because it was left unlocked so I lent him a bike of mine so he could get to and from work.

That evening I made a request for information or return of the bicycle and posted this on Face Book (but didn't say whose bike it was).

This morning the stolen bicycle returned to the very same spot from which it vanished!

So what do you make of that?

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 19:00:06 »
  That really is good news Aden, let us hope we hear more news like that. ;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 19:19:37 »
I saw my Dr, day before yesterday, he wanted me to have some in  hospital tests,the phone rang yesterday  to give me the day, and it is today..48 hours from first mention to going has to be great news.

He also put me on a new pain regime, I have refused to take the morphine etc, anyway reluctantly I said I would try these new drugs for a month and I have had three fairly comfortable days..coincidence..??

Maybe I might get to swim with those salmon after all!!

It is a good day.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 19:58:45 »

This morning the stolen bicycle returned to the very same spot from which it vanished!

So what do you make of that?

I'd like to think that it was someone having a crisis & never really meant to steal only borrow, but I always was an optimist!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 00:20:08 »
I saw my Dr, day before yesterday, he wanted me to have some in  hospital tests,the phone rang yesterday  to give me the day, and it is today..48 hours from first mention to going has to be great news.

He also put me on a new pain regime, I have refused to take the morphine etc, anyway reluctantly I said I would try these new drugs for a month and I have had three fairly comfortable days..coincidence..??

Maybe I might get to swim with those salmon after all!!

It is a good day.

XX Jeannine

Delighted for you Jeannine  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 20:02:13 »
Tests were not so good but it was suggested I get prescribed marijuana for pain.. I can't stop laughing about it, and I feel really daft and silly.

Goodness knows what I would feel like if I take it.. Anyway ti made my day.

We popped over to the lottie and my garlics and shallotts are growing beautifully. I planted them in the fall. I went overboard this year and got about 30 varieties from a garlic farm, just one bulb of each which gave me several cloves to plant, so was thrilled to see every single clove had grown, not one dud. Plus my four varieties of shallots were doing as well..yippee. It was an expensive trial so am really pleased it seems to be paying off.

Super news about the bike, odd but super neverthe less, and fantastic news about the mortgage, wow  that is something. Well done.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 18:58:17 »
Well today is a good news day in our house. After loosing 28.5lbs I am today wearing a size 16 jeans & top ;D. Thank you Rebecca & Weight Watchers.

pumkinlover

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 19:04:48 »
Wow!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 19:09:45 »
Amother wow from me and a very well done too. I bet you feel you could take on the world, smashing XX Jeannine

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 00:06:06 »
Well today is a good news day in our house. After loosing 28.5lbs I am today wearing a size 16 jeans & top ;D. Thank you Rebecca & Weight Watchers.

Well done you!!!  ;) Very well done!!!!!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 05:36:11 »
Nice one GJ
The Sun shone for most of the day on the lottie, good enough for me.   8)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:43 »
Well done Jan. ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 07:33:55 »
What a result GJ, well done.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 07:47:56 »
..skinny girl.. ;) ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 09:46:12 »
Skinny girl, never ;D. I lost some weight a few years ago & went to Elaine's M & S clothing party. The person who was doing the party hadn't seen me for ages & asked Elaine if I was anorexic. I still weighed ATT about 13 stone. We both nearly collapsed laughing. That's something neither of us would ever suffer from. It's very sad for people who do though.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 17:03:54 »
Well done grannyjanny! Good on you. I have put back on all the weight I lost 2 years ago and have to start from scratch again  >:(   :'(  It's very annoying especially as I don't really pig out. Maybe I need to do more digging  ;D
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 17:11:40 »
We were working on Tonys new plot today and I realised how happy we were at Walsall Rd.
It was at this time last year that everything seemed to start collapsing around us and our lives became almost unbearable.
Betty and the other plot holders at Walsall Rd have made us very welcome.
They say that sometimes good comes out of a bad situation and in our case this is so true.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 17:31:15 »
That is good news Shirl & long may it continue ;D. I suppose it's similar to when you're very poorly, you just don't realise how ill you actually are until you start to get better ;D.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 17:57:32 »
Well OH has done his back again  :(
But the good news is our lovely lottie neighbour Ted phoned yesterday and offered to rotovate our plots,what a lovely man  :)
sanity is overated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal