Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 56076 times)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #300 on: December 12, 2012, 14:00:56 »
I'm sorry it's been a bad year for you and certainly hope things improve for you soon.  I started off with what looked like a bad year after a slipped disc in my neck got worse and risked paralysing my arm and shoulder.  I had a successful operation in March and felt like a new woman.  Brilliant.  I could dance, walk the dogs and garden again.

However this summer I started having increasing pains in my foot and various scans and X-rays show I need new feet so i'm back on no dancing, no walking and no gardening.  Bummer.   However I have fnally found a surgeon who understands I need 2 feet and is willing to operate.  That should happen in the New year so fingers crossed that works out well.

On the gardening side I have plans to make over the current veggie patch into nursery beds for home grown perennials as it's been just too cool and wet this summer to get decent crops on the north side of our house.    OH doesn't know it but the sunny side lawn is going to become a veggie plot.   That's something else to look forward to.

Chin up Antipodes and well done/congratulations to everyone who's lucky enough to have things to plan and look forward to.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 14:09:12 by Obbelix »
Obxx - Vendée France

SueK

• Half Acre
  • Pudsey, West Yorkshire
« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2012, 09:35:45 »
It's lovely to read everyone's news, especially when it's been a challenging year.

My news is that I've been accepted onto a teacher training course (further education), starting next week!  :D
Currently feeling joy, anticipation and sheer panic, all at the same time! :)

How is it going SueK?

Hey, Galina, still plenty of fear in abundance, but, almost 3 months in, I feel I made the right decision, especially now that I've had really good feedback for the first assignment and I've been on a temporary placement in Bradford: it's great to know that the brain still works.  :happy7:  The new year sees me start properly at a small FE college in West Yorkshire, working on numeracy with one group of 16-19 year olds and a group of adults.....!  Like I said when I enrolled in September, it's kill or cure! :toothy10:

I have had nothing but bad news and bad luck for the whole year :-(  So I am just hoping that 2013 will bring better things! I will make some good New Years resolutions to give a boost to that!
It is nice to hear everyone else's good news though, makes me feel optimistic!
Couldn't agree more, Antipodes.  As a family we are looking back on 2012 as being a "bad year" where we have struggled, but, on the other hand, we have reached a point where we are moving on.  Speaking for myself, I'm out of the terrible low (euphamistically speaking) I experienced earlier in the year and I just *might* be able to nurture the odd tomato plant again in 2013! :happy7:  Can't be bad.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #302 on: January 02, 2013, 01:41:08 »
Hope you don't mind folks but it seems time to move rapidly into the New Year so I'm going to have a go at putting 2012 to bed.

Pleasant dreams........ :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal