Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 56012 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 19:20:28 »
Came on A4A to read everyones happy day! Busy Lizzie what fanstic  news!!! ;D

I went for a lovely lunch with the ladies of the family, hubby has sanded the woodwork ready for me to paint....and Im going to have a bit of chocolate now ;D ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 19:37:04 »
Bizzie Lizzie you must be breathing a little sigh. That is such good good news. Thank you for sharing everyone & Rosebud, yes Jeannine is wonderful ;D.

Settling down with a hot chocolate to watch The Victorian Kitchen Garden. The simple things are the best ;).

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 21:38:50 »

Settling down with a hot chocolate to watch The Victorian Kitchen Garden. The simple things are the best ;).

That was my good news of the day my NE Ultra Plus pea seeds as featured in the programme arrived this morning  ;D
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Puth-U-Cheary

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 22:05:30 »
Wonderful, wonderful news busy lizzie.

What a very  special lady Jeannine is.

Reading busy lizzies and Rosebuds posts makes it a Good News day for me.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:13 »
I just had a real treat..  live Alaskan King Crab on sale for 1/3rd the usual price,It still cost me $71 but now and again we deserve to be totally frivolous and  what person that likes seafood could resist. He weighed 6lbs and I made a piggie of myself,, sooo sad that Joihn doesn't eat seasfood,,,ahh. I am guttedd...not.

Lots left for tomorrow

2nd good news is Joihn loved the toasted cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and Merryberry pie and icecream.

I guess it takes all sorts eh! I should feel guilty but I really don'T LOL

it has been a good day.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:38 »
So pleased that things are beginning to look little better for you busy lizzie
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 10:24:11 »
Lovely to hear everyones good news and great that things are so positive with your hubby busy lizzy.

I had flu this week which wasnt great but lightened up by reciveing a little envelope from canada with some big zac seeds inside.Tahnkyou very much Jeannine, Yippee summer dreams.

and this morning have been sent 2 more days work as an ecologist next week on the Wirral. Hooray.

x Sunloving

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 11:49:33 »
Well its trying to rain. ;D..I wish it'd get on with it. Then my next good news is: finally after a sharp note from my GP, the pain clinic have sent me a date 28th. March for the injections on my spine.[ I've been waiting since 7th December. Last jabs July 2011]
 May not do much for my back but works a treat on the Rheumatoid arthritis in my hands which are very sore just now..... :'(

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:44 »
Also I forgot I dug 6 12oz lbs of carrots yesterday to clear the bed and I've taken photos. And Pumkinlover and others have tried to teach me how to post them ;D ;D So be warned you could get some funny effects...... ::) :o ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:20 »
Ah yes, busy lizzie, this thread was made for news just like that!  Excellent update, I'm so pleased that things are moving in the right direction, thanks for sharing :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 17:08:36 »
Two more lovely pieces of news today
My nephew in Canada and his wife are expecting their first baby in september, they've been trying for a while. Great auntie, again
Plus, a young friend of ours, well, 38, had a bad time with his first wife, has finally found someone to make him happy, they've announced their engagement , happy, happy news   ;D ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 18:32:09 »
This thread has come at a great time for me- my son arrived back in England yesterday after 15 months away and we will see him on Tuesday- with his "new" girlfriend (they've been together over a year but we haven't met her yet-can't wait!!

My older daughter got her exam results on Friday- she's doing a Masters in Bath and said they were the worst exams she'd ever done but got over 70% in all of them.
And we went to see our younger daughter in her first uni dance show in Lancaster on Friday and it was great, then dodged the showers and hail yesterday for a lovely walk above Windermere.

Had a lovely weekend- lovely to hear everyone else's good news too  :D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 18:37:34 »
That's really great Caroline...  :)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 14:12:45 »
Went to the dentist this morning - although I still have to have a crown on my molar, two other jobs don't need doing after all (whoopee! loathe dental work).
All my pepper seeds have germinated  ;D
And my brother in law is back home after open heart surgery after a couple of weeks complaining very loudly in hospital! They caught his condition in time and hopefully he will now be on the road to recovery.

Excellent thread!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

pumkinlover

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 17:04:41 »
Went for a cycle ride over the moors today and heard two curlews and saw a flock of lapwings.
It was lovely and sunny we could see right over to Edale and the start of the Pennine way and right down to the powerstations at Burton on Trent, but the birds really made the ride for us.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 18:17:15 »
More wonderful news to hear,this thread is a real treat.

Caroline you must be very excited, I wonder what the girlfriend will be like..and so good to have him home.

You must be very proud of your daughters too, exams are always tough, so well done to her,and another daughter  dancing, goodness how smashing.

One of my best memories from childhood was aroiund Windemere, thank you for reminding me about it.

Antipodes, good to hear about your brother in law,and of course your pepper seeds !!

Manics, such special news about a new baby on the way, that is very special, and good news for Canada too.

Me, well you know I have been out wtice this week and am going out agin today, now that is good newsa for me, more times out this week than the rest of the year put together,,maybe things are looking up!! Drs results today, so am keeping very positive reading this thread.

Wow, just seen the weather foecast, it is going to ne 11 degrees tomorrow.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

kymrob

• Half Acre
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 19:00:13 »
 ;D just paid off our mortgage 27 years early!!! trilled is an understatment!!!  ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:34 »
My petrol mower started first pull today after a its winter off so I cut our lawns and trundled across the road to do my parents lawns at their new bungalow.

Having them so close is making life so much easier and more relaxed for everyone in the family!!  :)  :)

No need for a doom-and-gloom national newspaper so another 50p saved again today!!!  ;)

Great to read through other peoples good news - cheers life up alot.  :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 08:16:34 »
Had a lovely evening with our son and his girlfriend- she is lovely and it was wonderful to hear about all their adventures. They are going to come down to earth with a bump now as they look for jobs and somewhere to live but they will have so many amazing memories to keep them going.Can't get wait to get home from work to see them again tonight! :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:22 »
Grandson (next door) 17 tomorrow and got an A in mock exam for productivity and design.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal