Author Topic: Got another plot  (Read 1238 times)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
Got another plot
« on: February 18, 2005, 19:03:39 »
I have taken on another plot in addition to my half plot. I have found that my half plot filled up very quickly with the permanent things (strawberries, raspberries, rhubarb, compost heaps etc. etc.) and I'm now scrimping for space to grow everything else. Today I heard that one of the plots which was taken on by someone last October has already been given up. He has rotavated the entire plot and it is a blank canvas to start working on. But there are also a lot of weeds starting to make an appearance! But at least I can now spread out my planting a bit more. I'm really pleased but also wondering if I have gone completely bonkers, will I ever have enough time to manage two plots.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Got another plot
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 23:44:17 »
You will make them time, and this time next year, you will have run out of room and will be considering plot number 3!  ;D

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 12:42:09 »
good for you Jesseveve, keep us updated!

newchangeling

• Quarter Acre
  • No picture, no slogan, no imagination!?
    • Pumpkin Soup
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 16:57:47 »
It's ambitious, but I'm sure you wouldn't have taken it on if you weren't ready!  Best of luck - let us know how it goes.
Anyone for Pumpkin Soup?

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 17:50:45 »
Went to have another look at the plot today to measure up. It's also got a small pond which apparently had lots of frogs last summer. It looks pretty healthy with pond weed and aquatic plants in place. Will have a good read through the pond section as I have never had a pond so new learning experience for me. Was lucky I went today as got chatting and someone is trying to get rid of their shed, they were talking about having it burned if no one wanted it! So I've got my name on that too. It's in pretty good condition apart from needing new stuff on the roof (don't know what it's called) and one floor board is rotten so will need replacing. It's already dismantled, just needs moving (it's two plots away) and building. Good deal I thought. And another good thing I didn't notice last time I was there, the water butt and tap is located on my new plot, couldn't get closer to it if I tried. I'm well chuffed, but now the hard work starts.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Sarah-b

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 15:53:35 »
Good for you Jess!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal