Author Topic: Super seeds!  (Read 1961 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Super seeds!
« on: March 09, 2012, 21:41:48 »
I sowed dwarf kale and lettuce last Tuesday afternoon.......Wed morning they were all germinated and growing like crazy:o. I guess they wanted to get on with it! ;D ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Super seeds!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 21:53:01 »
That was quick  :o
My fastest were burpless cucumbers in the propagator, 3 days from sowing to showing  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 22:28:08 »
Mine were cukes too. I sowed all I had of 2004 Carmen seeds, lots of them that somehow got overlooked. My thinking was that I might get 1 or 2 and bring them on early, but now I am surrounded by them and they popped up very quickly..

I have no idea what I am going to do with them..too early to share out with lotties folks, too cold in the greenhouse and not enough romm iunder lights at home..

Such is the joy of sowing..
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:11:53 »
I sowed dwarf kale and lettuce last Tuesday afternoon.......Wed morning they were all germinated and growing like crazy:o. I guess they wanted to get on with it! ;D ;D ;D

That must be a record!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

star

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 19:10:36 »
Defo a record for me, you tend to reckon a few days to a fortnight at least.....to give yerslf chance tomake room for pricking out. Im sure I saw them sticking their tongues out at me today! 8)

Anyway all pricked out now and looking happy.

Blimey Jeannine, you might have to allocate the spare room for that lot  ;D ;D ;D.......as you say though its the lack of light, have you tried daylight bulbs?  Good luck ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 23:27:21 »
Star, I have a three tier light fitting each tier has three grow lights in so I can carry them for a while, but once they get into 3 Inch pots I shall be short of space, as you know it is always a shuffling game when starting stuff at home. XX jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 05:34:11 »
That is proper super quick, my Tigerellas and Telegaph Cucs took 5 days and Celeriac 8 days which is pretty quick.   :o
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 16:13:09 »
Oh I like your growing box thingy Jeannine, yes you can get loads started in there......till they get bigger as you say. Flippin plants are nowt but trouble  ;D ;D

Corny....they certainly caught me on the hop. They have slowed down now, I put them in the cold greenhouse coz they were norty  ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal