Author Topic: Getting started  (Read 5900 times)

green lily

• Hectare
Getting started
« on: February 29, 2012, 20:43:14 »
Can some kind person please explain in simple terms the correct procedures for posting photos on A4A. I do have a digital camera and can take a photo. Please start from there.....ps I'm 72 and we weren't taught this at school... ;)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Getting started
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 20:54:47 »
Hi green lily I use photobucket ,which is a free hosting site.It's a little long winded so I'll hang back and see if anyone else offers advice . :)
sanity is overated

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 21:03:46 »
BarriedaleNick can explain it really well, but the site won't let me look for his reply to someone asking the same question.

I am not too bright about it, but managed to make it work recently. So: get a Photobucket account (free) and it lets you load your pics, then there are instructions on the site about how to get the pics from there to any forum, such as here!

Have a play, and hopefully someone will be along in a minute to explain properly

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 21:06:03 »
Thankyou Katy :)
That's the secret then. Hopefully I shall have an offspring around at the end of the month as I shall be grounded for 24hrs with spine jabs. Otherwise if it rains hard for a while [ if only] I shall play with photo bucket and see what I can manage.  ;D
Who knows I might be able to show everyone the spud plants we planted today...... ::) ::)

Rallychef

• Not So New ...
  • Greystoke, Cumbria
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 22:42:56 »
Hi green lily

here is a link to a modelbuilding forum I am a member of (sad I know!!), but it does explain how to post an image from photobucket to the forum. The principle will work here as well

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6

hope it helps

regards Ian

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:54 »
Or if you wish just pay £10 a year (see paid subscrpitions in your profile) or £1.50 a month .That helps Dan keep the forum running. No pressure though - it's up to individuals!

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 11:22:04 »
£10 paid , now does this mean I can just upload directly without having to engage my brain on computer literacy? What should that involve Pumpkinlover? :-\
 Actually even a direct route will take me a bit of practice as I don't get a helper/ offspring around for a few weeks. Hope everyone will be patient while I practice... ::)
Thankyou everyone - I did look at Photobucket and your link and think I should print out the steps so I can follow them one at a time.
I will put it on list of things to do when I have someone to encourage me--- you know--- 'really Mother ::) ::)!' 'Nan its easy....etc'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal