Author Topic: Fertilizers...how do you do that then?!  (Read 10709 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Re: Fertilizers...how do you do that then?!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 15:02:42 »
My neighbours chocolate lab likes to come along an eat chicken manure pellets like crunchy snacks as soon as they go on the bulb pots! yuk!

I to bought some in a 15kg bag from homebase (with my nectar card points natch!) I think it was 5/6.99. much better value than their buckets which were around 12.

I do agree about horse manure especially with dock and dandelion seeds. but you cant beat it for doing the soil good.

x Sunloving

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 19:05:48 »
My neighbours chocolate lab likes to come along an eat chicken manure pellets like crunchy snacks as soon as they go on the bulb pots! yuk!

I to bought some in a 15kg bag from homebase (with my nectar card points natch!) I think it was 5/6.99. much better value than their buckets which were around 12.

I do agree about horse manure especially with dock and dandelion seeds. but you cant beat it for doing the soil good.

x Sunloving

I used chicken pellets/manure for several years until the price continued to escalate and the foxes moved in to help with the digging.  :( Apart from that I've added only 2 bag of well rotted stable manure in about seven years.

My soil appears healthy, has a brilliant texture and retains moisture pretty well - even the solid clay 1/2 plot is coming along nicely at last.

Every year I dig in barrow loads of compost as I have a compost heap 12' x 6' and often 5' deep. A friend adds all of his grass mowings from his round so there's always more where that came from. It seems to help.  ;)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 12:59:31 »
Aldi are selling 7.5 kg. tubs for £5.99 at the mo.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

JENIAN

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 16:00:58 »

Got my 15kg bags from JTF wholesalers for £4.99 + vat a week ago

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:17:53 »

Wow that's good!!

What a shame my nearest store is about 20 miles or more away.  :(

One hundred and seventy-two miles to the nearest JTF wholesalers  :o  Just a bit too far to cycle I think.  :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:23:39 by Aden Roller »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal