Produce > Drink ....

Home Brewers?

(1/10) > >>

Uncle Joshua:
Are there any homebrewers on the forum?

I started brewing kits just over a year ago but switched to all grain a few months ago and have so far brewed 18 AG recipes.

Melbourne12:
We're rather sporadic home brewers, I'm afraid.  Didn't make any at all last year, but I normally make something quaffable for the hot summer days.

You can't beat real malted grains, which aren't that much more of a faff if you've got a decent thermostat.  Difficult to do pilsner type lagers, though, unless you've got serious cooling for the conditioning stage.

One of my favourites is a simple refreshing brown ale, not too high in alcohol.  Roll on summer!

Uncle Joshua:
I tend to do hoppy ales, kind of IPA's, I brewed today using a single hop for the third time on the bounce but today's was a darker beer than my normal brews.

I think I'm at a point where I enjoy being able to make good beer more than I enjoy drinking it.

powerspade:
I brew country wines  and have been at it for 16yrs.
Parsnip. Runner bean, Pea pod, Blackcurrant, Redcurrant, Goosegog, Rhubarb, Blackberry and Gorse wines

Uncle Joshua:

--- Quote from: powerspade on February 25, 2012, 21:41:34 ---I brew country wines  and have been at it for 16yrs.
Parsnip. Runner bean, Pea pod, Blackcurrant, Redcurrant, Goosegog, Rhubarb, Blackberry and Gorse wines

--- End quote ---

Do you ever brew from kits? they are amazing these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version