Author Topic: Really made me laugh  (Read 2950 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Really made me laugh
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:44:01 »
As I was leaving the allotments this morning one of our plot holders opened the  gate for me.  He looked at me, smiled, and told me that I  looked "nice and fluffy" and my hair suited me and "softened my face".  Then he told me I was "still very beddable!"

He is 84.

I was laughing all the way home.  ;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Really made me laugh
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 13:39:40 »
 :o  :o  :o
Betty, how scandalous!   ;D
I am starting to think that "hotbed" is not just a gardening term!  A lady on my plot (who is retired and, well, I must be honest that she's hardly Raquel Welch and although a nice lady, she'll never see 20 again!) told me the other day "oh and watch out for [name_withheld]. When I moved plots next him, I wasn't there a week before he kept coming to my shed and saying, "well, when are we going to bed together?" "
I did try to keep a straight face and look shocked! I wasn't aware that allotments were such dens of iniquity!

Still, at 84, your chap hasn't lost his way with words!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 13:43:02 »

Any spare allotments going on your sites
   only kidding June.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 13:47:47 »
 ;D...we've got some of the old charmers on our site too..and they never fail to make girl feel 'girly'..no matter what their age.... ;D
I don't dare to wear shorts or anything bit more skimpier anymore..baggier the better to keep 'chat' to minimum.. ::) ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 14:01:33 »
Did Mr Squash laugh too? My OH would laugh his socks off but then I do the same when people who used to work at the same place say what how dishy he is. He would make Worsel Gummidge look like a cat walk model.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 14:38:13 »
Well I never. ;)
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 14:47:58 »
Naughty N............ looks younger than 84  ;D

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 14:51:42 »
 ;D ;D
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 16:09:18 »
Did Mr Squash laugh too? My OH would laugh his socks off but then I do the same when people who used to work at the same place say what how dishy he is. He would make Worsel Gummidge look like a cat walk model.

Mr Squash certainly did laugh when I told him!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 16:11:05 »
Naughty N............ looks younger than 84  ;D

Ha ha, no, it wasn't Naughty N..... the Naked Gardener!

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 16:44:44 »
welcome to my world Squash,my dad has been chasing old and younguns alike for my 52 years,I used to play in an accordion band in the 70,s and during a break dad would ask mum for a dance to be told....no not now dad....O sez he....so hes off and on the hunt and after being given short shrift by the ladies present me sis and I have to hide in shame as he danced with a chair cheek to cheek........ :o :o :o

or..........

Me and jude took em out for lunch not too long ago and when the young lady (25 ish) came to get the payment hes offering the poor cow his lap to sit on whilst I paid by card..... :o :o :o

O and today,the lady from the macmillan team is there checking how his "Mr C" is progressing an hes sez,,,,come closer dear I cant make out your pass picture as he goes to grab it as it swings back and forth across her chest......I snatch it and show him before ...my worst fears were realised.....this from an 87 year old ""should know better ,""fruity Ol git that cant leave the girls alone.... ::)

I went shopping today and all the till girls in waitrose were asking after him as he has cheaked em all in the past and they miss it....I give up.... :o :o

Enjoy the moment squash....your only young once...!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 17:33:07 »
Get your coat Betty, you've pulled.   :o ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 19:36:58 »
welcome to my world Squash,my dad has been chasing old and younguns alike for my 52 years,I used to play in an accordion band in the 70,s and during a break dad would ask mum for a dance to be told....no not now dad....O sez he....so hes off and on the hunt and after being given short shrift by the ladies present me sis and I have to hide in shame as he danced with a chair cheek to cheek........ :o :o :o

or..........

Me and jude took em out for lunch not too long ago and when the young lady (25 ish) came to get the payment hes offering the poor cow his lap to sit on whilst I paid by card..... :o :o :o

O and today,the lady from the macmillan team is there checking how his "Mr C" is progressing an hes sez,,,,come closer dear I cant make out your pass picture as he goes to grab it as it swings back and forth across her chest......I snatch it and show him before ...my worst fears were realised.....this from an 87 year old ""should know better ,""fruity Ol git that cant leave the girls alone.... ::)

I went shopping today and all the till girls in waitrose were asking after him as he has cheaked em all in the past and they miss it....I give up.... :o :o

Enjoy the moment squash....your only young once...!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

Your dad sounds just like this man, and I'm sure, like him, he does it in such a way that people don't get offended.

I did enjoy the moment, but my days of being young are long since gone.  ;)

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 19:38:15 »
Get your coat Betty, you've pulled.   :o ;)

;D  ;D  :-\
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 08:39:52 »
On the plots in Northern Ireland three plots down was a fella who was married with kids who used to bring a lady freind down to the plots and spend a lot of time in the shed with the doors closed!!

Must be all the fresh air and exercise!
x Sunloving

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:00 »
I found you an new profile pic Betty ;D

When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"