Author Topic: Broken the back of it :)  (Read 1533 times)

Bubbles26

• Quarter Acre
  • Bedfordshire
Broken the back of it :)
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:03:52 »
Just thought I share my exciting news.

As of yesterday - we have dug over half our plot  ;D ;D

We got given the plot at the beginning of Feb and have been spending 4-6 hours up there about 5 days a week. Part of me wants to scream that we will have to do it all again with the other half but the biggest part of me is just so glad to be at the half way mark :)

All our allotment neighbours are talking about us (in a good way) saying how it is so nice to see some younger people (I'm 26) doing things properly, one old boy even offered to help - bless him.

I love being up there and having a chat with everyone - they are all so friendly and offers for strawberry runners and seeds, not to mention all the advice we have been offered, it all really makes me feel part of a thriving community.

Back up there this afternoon after some revision, I have to complete my re-current training before returning to work after 4 months off - that is going to sting. (I am cabin crew so only contracted to work 8 months a year).
2015 - New plot. Let's go!!

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
Re: Broken the back of it :)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:47:05 »
Well done on your efforts,i can assure you that allotment people are some of the nicest people you are ever likely to meet,as you say friendly and helpful.i hope all goes well this spring and summer with your growing,don't be afraid to post any questions you may have on here as this is without doubt the most knowledgeable allotment site on the internet,good luck
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

tottieheed

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 18:49:50 »
Well done you!!

Its great when you see some progress, keep it up!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 19:40:42 »
Nice one girl keep it going, but don't get carried away and forget to plant, shallots and onions can go in now and spuds next month.  :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal