Author Topic: car cleaning.  (Read 3853 times)

ACE

• Hectare
car cleaning.
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:20:52 »
I have just cleaned the ranger pickup. It was the best clean of its life, shines like a dollar up a sweeps @rse. I am selling it as we have a navaro now and two pickups is too much of an  indulgance according to the yeti in pink knickers . Ran the navaro through all the mud and muck I could find to make the ranger look even better.

I could have taken it up the road to the car wash, and as much as those east europeans need the money I never pay somebody to do a job I can do myself.

Who else cleans their own car nowadays? we used to have a bunch of kids going around with a bucket and rags and the yeti would give them a couple of quid to encourage them but you always had to clean it again when they were out of sight. I expect with the scares that go on nowadays nobody would help the kids earn their pocket money. Shame ain't it.

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: car cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:15 »
I clean ours,mainly as I'm a tight wad but also it needs doing so often as we park it underneath trees with a large pigeon population. Dont do the inside though,make OH do that as he smokes in it when Im not with him and it ends up filthy
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:45:56 »
I give my car & motorhome a good going-over after the winter salt has finished & that's as good as it gets.

small

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:40:50 »
Doesn't everybody clean their own car? More like, whoever is daft enough to pay someone else or a machine to do it....go on, own up....

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 13:30:47 »
My MICRA gets a good clean every May, ready for the MOT. My husband cleans it because he would be embarrassed to take it in the condition I drive it around in.

It doesn't bother me and it's not as though I could ever offer anyone a lift as the seats are taken up by two dog crates and Grandad, the scarecrow.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 13:43:58 »
Oh is very dedicate for cleaning our cars..his job entirely. Kids on our are would not do such a thing as washing cars! :o...they don't earn enough in one go..its much easier to mummy and daddy..you get more doing nowt.
Now I feel like I've let micra owners down..after all these year having one..our no3 micra is having its final through clean up and then its going to be advertised on paper.
I'm having something different this time and we are going to have a look at the possible 'new' comer this weekend.
I'm actually gutted..just as my micra is getting 'bedded' in and although its not young car anymore..it is in good running order with reasonably low mileage... ::)
I know I'm going to miss my 'nippy' and regret getting rid of it.. :-\ Why did I let myself talked to a different car?  ::)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 13:59:33 »
I cleaned my car once, in the 90s I believe - never did it again.
When I get it serviced, they valet it and at the end of last year I had a wee accident.  They give it a full valet as part of the repair job.  So between accidents and services I seem to be covered although I don't begrudge the local crew a tenner every now and then....
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 14:14:16 »
I know I'm going to miss my 'nippy'

Nippy? nippy! have a look at the badge to make sure it is really a micra. the thing I love about the new navaro is it really fills up the rear view mirror of the micra crawling along in front of me. I would make it a law that even thinking about buying a micra should be a banning offence and your licence should be taken away until you have learned to drive faster than 20mph. Which reminds me I need to order some bull bars for the front of the truck to nudge the micras out of the way ;)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 15:15:54 »
Code: [Select]
and your licence should be taken away until you have learned to drive faster than 20mph.
Ah..but but I'm Finn..and all the great rally drivers come from Finland.. ;D ;) What 20mph?..more like 200mph.. ;D
I haven't got stuck on anybody's bull bars yet.. ;D
Code: [Select]
micra crawling along in front of me. Nah..you just got stuck into split tream of the great car.. :D

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 14:49:01 »

My car is growing green algae on it must clean it one day,
    June/

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 16:22:05 »

My car is growing green algae on it must clean it one day,
    June/

Nothing wrong with a bit of algae.  Has yours got a spider living on the wing mirror like mine has?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 16:36:12 »
I had the resident spider in the wing mirror,unfortunately he stuck his head out  when I was on the dual carrage way, I bet he thought oh bu@@er!!  needless to say he's moved house ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 16:48:41 »
Loving this thread- i thought there would be more "Sunday car cleaners" out there, but then i realised, we'd all rather be gardening!

The only time mine gets cleaned is if OH cleans his (once or twice a year if he's got to give someone a lift somewhere) and he does mine as well.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 17:07:31 »
I run a tatty K reg Fiesta, which I bought five years ago, and have never cleaned it! It's now acquired a nice patina finish.  :)
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

CambourneSandra

• Quarter Acre
  • Cambourne, Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 17:13:20 »
we usually try and clean ours about 4 times a year. Inside prob gets done a little more often. However we do have 5 children, and a dog. So inside gets quite mucky quite quickly.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 17:24:30 »
Yes..Sunday car cleaning it was today..as so many others on our street.. ;D Its quite regular happening on our street..many keep men about. First time for years I joined the forces  :o..but I had to get my own touch on my new 'spinner'.. ;)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 17:30:49 »
Sunday car washing day???

I seem to remember I washed our Landy 5 years ago.....and even got the ladders out to do the roof  ;D

I clean the windows and do the lights regular though 8) ;D ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 17:47:59 »
I never clean the car,my OH get the token from Matins money tips 50p for B P ;DHe cleans it if we go to London over night ,it s a old Passat est,12yrs I love it .

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 19:14:38 »
The rain usually cleans ours, as a kid we used to go out car washing, but as Ace says its a sign of the times not letting kids knock on strangers houses.   :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 19:17:52 »
I too have a resident spider living in the wing mirror, he has not been very active lately but occasionally pokes his nose out, he has been on holiday with us to Norfolk and the lake district I like to think it is the same spider as spent last summer with us. Talking about Algae I had a toadstool growing in the foot well. Can you beat that? We clean our car when its quite dirty, my old dad used to pour washing up liquid on the roof of his car when we had a good hard downpour, it didn't put a shine on it but did make it look cleaner.
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal