Author Topic: My Cats  (Read 6556 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
My Cats
« on: February 15, 2012, 23:11:29 »
Some of you may remember that I asked a question on here about Spencer, we lost him in October and Bud died two weeks after. Jasmine died a few weeks ago, we lived in a household of pensioner cats, but it's still hard to lose all three in such a short space of time.
I am a bit dim about pics, but will have a go and see if I can post a couple of pics of my feline family...

It's hard to live in a catless house, but after our next holiday we will be getting another cat, a rescue cat who needs lots of TLC!

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: My Cats
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 23:34:02 »
lovely pics,thanks for sharing.sorry to hear about your losses,mustve been a tough few weeks indeed  :( look forward to seeing pics of your new addition!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:22 »
Thanks for sharing the photos.  They were beautiful cats and it must have been really hard losing them all. Were they related to each other?

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:04 »
Beautiful cats - so sorry you have lost them.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:54:17 »
It is sad that you have lost them but I'd bet they had  really lovely time while they were with you
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:50 »
Sad news.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 08:23:58 »
Thanks everyone, I know I am a sentimental old fool, but I still miss them terribly.

Squash, they were not related, but Bud and Jasmine got very close, liked to be sat next to each other as you can see on the sofa. Spencer was the one sat in the middle of the map on the floor, Bud the other ginger and white one and Jasmine the gorgeous tortoiseshell.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:23 »
Thanks everyone, I know I am a sentimental old fool, but I still miss them terribly.

Squash, they were not related, but Bud and Jasmine got very close, liked to be sat next to each other as you can see on the sofa. Spencer was the one sat in the middle of the map on the floor, Bud the other ginger and white one and Jasmine the gorgeous tortoiseshell.

There's nothing wrong with being sentimental Katy.  I feel upset when I think about our two allotment feral cats who died last year and they didn't even live with me.  It must have been awful for you losing three of them in such a short time.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:31 »
So sorry to hear about the loss of your three lovely cats and all within a short space of time. 

Lovely photos though.  Thanks for sharing.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 12:40:05 »
So sorry to hear about the loss of your three lovely cats and all within a short space of time. 

Lovely photos though.  Thanks for sharing.

Yes, thank you for showing us.  They look so contented and obviously had a fabulous life when they were with you.   When you get your new rescue cat, will you please show us photos too?

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 16:26:30 »
I have emailed local Cats Protection people, they will be doing a home visit. I hope this will happen before we go on holiday at the end of March, hopefully we will be collecting a cat who deserves a second chance when we get back!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 13:54:54 »
aw shame. It's hard when they all go in short space of one another. It's funny, but you can tell on the pictures that they are older cats :)  I always think they get a certain look to them when they get old, they are still gorgeous but there is a certain sleepiness about them. I am sure you will have many fond memories but you will also love your new kitty, as we quickly loved our new one when our old girl got killed.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 15:59:54 »
They're all gorgeous and look very content.  I'm sure your new cat or kitten will be very happy and well loved and will soon help reduce your sadness at their loss.

We adopted a cat we found living rough last September and she has proved very difficult being suspicious of us and our cat and especially worried by our soppy dog.   She needed neutering and some other treatment and lots of food and love but was still a grot bag and refused to go outside in case she was abandoned again.  However, she's just had 10 days in kennels and has learned to apperciate us and no longer swears at or resents the original cat.  She's even asked to go outside to play.

We love her to bits so are very pleased.  Just wait till she realises we're planning on getting a playmate for our dog.  Lots of fun to come!
Obxx - Vendée France

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 13:33:53 »
Blimey Obbelix, you really have got your hands full! I emailed and phoned the local Cat's Protection people and have only had an out-of-office reply. So I rang the RSPCA who phoned back within minutes! We will be visiting the kennels when we get back from hols and then they visit once you have picked a pet, they want to make sure your house is suitable for the particular cat, seems sensible and they said they turn it round in a couple of days. Cant wait, so roll on early April when we come home!

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 16:27:22 »
Good luck in getting a new furry friend, I am thinking of getting another kitten in September when I have finished my holidays & can be at home with it, the other two may take to a kitten better than they were prepared to do with Dyson (the stray) who had to be moved on to the CPL.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal