Author Topic: Being a Bit Girly - Home made lean toos for Tomatoes  (Read 1482 times)

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
Being a Bit Girly - Home made lean toos for Tomatoes
« on: February 15, 2012, 16:56:59 »
Hi all,

Need help, if I want to make a lean too against me shed, what do I need to do? I have found in Wickes see through roofing, but would I need to make a wooden frame with 4 or 5 legs to it, does anyone know what I mean?  ???

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
Re: Being a Bit Girly - Home made lean toos for Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 17:12:09 »

Go to your local builders merchants, they should have long lengths of timber about 1" X 1 3/4" for roofing.   You should be able to knock up a lean to from that. It is treated as well.     Cheers,    Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

Gadget

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 17:13:28 »
Cheers Tony that is very handy to know. :)

Hi_Hoe

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 17:13:49 »
Hi Gadget

This should be a pretty straight forward project for anyone who can use a cordless drill and read a tape measure!!

You would probably need two long legs to the rear (slate lath or similar would be more than adequate) screwed to your shed, and two shorter uprights at the front with bottom rails all the way round.

You will need a header rail along the top of the two front jambs , and a wall plate connecting your two rear uprights will ill support your roof. A door for the front would be easy to construct - two legs and two mullions - thats it!

Clad the whole jobby in polycarb (i assume thats what you mean when you say clear roof?), attach some hinges to your door and Bobs your aunty's live in lover!

U could even attach a small gutter to collect the run-off!

Best of luck, Gadget!
If tha does nowt, tha gets nowt. Simple!

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 18:56:06 »
A cheap alternative might be a self assembly lean to form Norfolk Greenhouses Ltd they start from 49 quid. :)

Gadget

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 08:18:51 »
well now, thank you for your responses definitely given me food for thought, I will look at the Norfolk Greenhouses especially as I was trying to explain it all the OH and he had that bemused look in his eye? maybe it was because I was talking to him whilst he was watching the football ::)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 14:24:31 »
Big mistake there Gadget. Speak when spoken to when the football is on ::)  OH sky pluses it. Here it's cricket too ::).

Gadget

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 16:02:39 »
mmm I tried that but I'm not very good at keeping quiet when I need to  ;D so I did suggest he goes to the pub to watch the game ??? so in my mind he was fair game ;D ;D but I have to admit that I've noticed that bemused look before...it's more like he is thinking "I'll nod and she would of forgotten about it by the weekend" look ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal