Author Topic: Mums Sauerkraut  (Read 1369 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Mums Sauerkraut
« on: February 17, 2012, 22:04:29 »
Mum must have breast fed me on Sauerkraut,as  a 50 something I still consume vast quantities of it.

Anyroad,whilst dad was poorly in Hos we had mum staying here and at least twice she got the pan out and asked wheres your jars of Sauerkraut Gazza me lad I wanna work me magic  !!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients...................

1 x jar of lotty made sauerkraut or one youve got from the shop.
1 pkt of smoked lardons
1 spanish onion
2 eating apples
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Caraway Seeds
6 Juniper Berries
2 Tbsp Sugar
warm water as needed

heat oil and add lardons on high heat for 3 mins untill oil is flavoured and lardons are slightly crisped then add onions and soften for 10 mins on medium heat.

Add Caraway Seeds ,Juniper berries, sugar and sliced apples and continue on medium heat for further 10 mins.

add sauerkraut and lower heat and let it bubble away for a further 30 mins,add warm water if pot dries.

youll know when its done as a bloody beautiful aroma comes wafting into the lounge from the kitchen,  !!!!!!!!!!

Ok,time to serve.....but wait..I ve got in the habit of adding my sausages to the pot and warming them through....be it....frankfurters or Bockwurst....they add flavour to the kraut anyway !!!  you can  warm through knuckles of pork or pieces of cooked meat of your choosing as they will flavour the sauerkraut.

ready and waiting  !!!!!!!!!!!

plate up and dive in  .

Enjoy

Gazza,thanks mum...x

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 22:18:01 by gazza1960 »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Mums Sauerkraut
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:00 »
I think your Mum and I could be great friends.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal