Author Topic: Lidl fruit trees  (Read 3339 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Lidl fruit trees
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:00 »
Anyone know what the peach is and how big it would get and also if self-fertile? I've got a small patch outside the far end of my greenhouse which would be sensible for a small tree but I'd not be able to get anythign big in there, 10 foot tall max....

chrisc

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 19:47:08 »
FOund out that it's Redhaven... a self-fertile (yippee) modern breed that shouldn't get too enormous and rather more importantly is resistant to peach leaf-curl....  though given where I want to put it it might well be possible to rig some sort of shelter...... looks like I'll be strapping a tree to the bike then...

mickstani

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 16:00:28 »
Planted one of their opal plum trees today. Not impressed with the root ball and not confident that it will take. Time will tell.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 16:53:21 »
I bought eight lidls fruit trees two years ago and they all survived. I was very pleased so much so that I have bought another four today. I also bought a peach tree...Thank you Chriscross for finding out some info on it.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 00:55:23 »
Uber annoyed cos my local Lidl didn't have any peaches at all.... looking at the boxes they'd only sold a couple by the time I got there so I rather suspect that there weren't any sent to them...  grrr.... Oh well.... the earth will still be there next year..... I noticed some trees in aldi the other day, maybe they have one left...

chrisc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal