Author Topic: im back  (Read 2816 times)

The-goodlife2012

• Not So New ...
im back
« on: February 17, 2012, 19:52:06 »
hi all im back had to register again as ive changed e-mail and forgot me pass words etc ;D

but yes some of you may remember i built my own poly tunnel then had to rebuild it twice from the storms!

any way ive now moved from there and got me a new allotment via the council 96sqm @ £8 per year  they have not been touched for over 40 years as the council forgot they where there!! but after a good clean up and alot of digging they now have a site full of new members 15 of us in total. the site has a small ditch/stream at the bottom which is fed from the old coal mines for water so hopefully it can be used, i rough dug all my plot back end and with the recent cold snap the soil is a very fine and rich soil as the trees with there leaves dropping for the last 40 years have made it one nice soil, i could bag it and sell it  ;).

Today with it being a ok day onion sets in and first earley spuds, a early pea and carrot and a earley spinach to go in,

green house is being deliverd any time soon thanks to my sister ;D ,any hoo i left the last site due to a massive rat infestation and the old boys pigeons eating me veg and breakins >:(

the council are putting up a new perimitter fence soon as we are a little open at the min :-\

any how its good to be back and pics will be posted.

also does any one have some jeruselem artichoke tubers 6 please  ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 21:06:11 by grawrc »

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
Re: im back
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 20:57:18 »
That's good:) when you say water from an old mine are you sure as mine water us normally higly toxic!! Often with traces of ron and other heavy metals

Where you btw?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 21:02:25 by notts_phil »

The-goodlife2012

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:25:21 »
hi phil, im at carcroft topside of doncaster, im going to follow the stream back today to its source will post on here once found , only went on what folks said but i think its a natural source :-\

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:44 »
Hi and welcome back ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:13:52 »
welcome back!

;D
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Ophi

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 08:40:10 »
Welcome back and the new allotment sounds promising.  I think I would have the water tested first before I used it.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 08:53:20 »
Nice to hear of an old site brough back into production.  I agree about being cautious about the water, though I should have thought the weeds round it might give an indication.   There should be 40 year old trees around.

I might be tempted to try and find some old timer who can remember the site.

The-goodlife2012

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 19:49:27 »
well guys went on me walk and the water will be fine to use thank god , i walked for over a mile  and it comes from a spring near an old quarry , so im pleased , so this weekend i have 2 ibc tanks to fill already dug a sump in the bottom of the ditch and damed off at one end to fill , with an over flow of course ;D.

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 20:00:09 »
well guys went on me walk and the water will be fine to use thank god , i walked for over a mile  and it comes from a spring near an old quarry , so im pleased , so this weekend i have 2 ibc tanks to fill already dug a sump in the bottom of the ditch and damed off at one end to fill , with an over flow of course ;D.

That's good:)  I think the biggest problem with mine water is in the south Wales valley's . Pits in yorkshire and north notts tended to be a.lot deeper

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 18:26:00 »
Hello, welcome back. I once come through and picked some plants off you, can i for life of me remember your first name.

The-goodlife2012

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 07:20:15 »
Hello, welcome back. I once come through and picked some plants off you, can i for life of me remember your first name.

Me is Steve  ;D

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 00:08:54 »
Ahhhh thats it, good to hear your still at it.

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 17:44:03 »
Hi Steve ;)
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

The-goodlife2012

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:46 »

gettin there

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal