Author Topic: Sad news.  (Read 15145 times)

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
Re: Sad news.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 16:26:21 »
Sorry to hear that he looks like a lovely dog!

I am at the other end of the doggy journey - we pick up our new puppy tomorrow!  I hope he turns out to be as good natured as Flynn!
Grow yer bugger grow!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 18:13:37 »
Very sad news, Ace- he looks very like our last dog. Thinking of you xx

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 18:33:37 »
Very sad ACE  no words off me mate , you will know when time is right :(
m j gravell

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 18:43:36 »
Thinking of you Ace, I have been where you are.. sending you messages of strength..good luck fella.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 18:50:32 »
Really sorry to hear about Flynn, he looks such a great dog. My King Charles is 13 this year and people tell me that is a good age for a King Charles. When I say "my dog" she really was my late husbands dog and when her time comes I know that will make it such a big wrench.
I know you will make the right decision Ace, thinking of you.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 18:54:45 »
I cried, but Nanny you never cry, when Basil Brush had to be put to sleep, my alastian dog.  But the vet was very good, we went back three times and he said it is your dog and your will know when enough is enough.  We stayed up all night with him stroking his ears, his back legs had gone, and a nasty man called out to me when I took him out for his last walk, that I was cruel.  But it was horrible to have to decide to have him to put to sleep, but luckily we had a good vet, and he said it is your animal and it is your decision, still a horrible one to make.  I cried so many tears for that dog, my best friend so many year.  I still feel for you, but no more dogs for me.  I love the cats, but that dog was really my best mate.  

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 18:19:16 »
No more pain. He went with dignity. The sadness will fade in time. But the memories are forever.

I must thank you all for your pm's and support.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 18:23:02 »
A lovely dog who graced your life for so long.............I am sure he had a great life with you. x

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 17:21:23 »
A very sad time for you all ,we put our shelttie collie down after 23 'it's like one of your family passing , my thoughts  are  with you and your family .

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 19:52:59 »
Oh, sorry to hear that, Ace.  He was loved and you had a good companion and as you said, memories are forever.  Feel better soon :-*

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 20:34:32 »
Hugs xxx

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 21:42:03 »
ACE,
          Sorry to hear about your Dog, been there three times over the years it's a rotten feeling, but me and the Mrs still talk about our Dogs ten years on, :(

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 01:08:01 »
Sorry Ace, I really feel your pain, always when I hear this my heart goes right back to my loss, if it helps though the hardest bit is over now and the memories will come easier in a while..

God Bless Flynn

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 01:26:11 »
Feeling for you Ace.

Our daughter came home last week for a visit and still walks in the front door thinking Wrinkles our dog would bound through even though it's some years ago that she left us.

Part of a family and always in our hearts.

Ninnys x

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 20:18:07 »

Sorry to hear this sad news Ace.
    June.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 10:45:58 »
Such a shame, feel for you, it's the hardest thing ever. But you will never regret those years together.
Hugs xxx
Adrienne
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 20:29:26 »
I can only empathise Ace, words mean very little at these times. He will always be in your heart.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 07:31:19 »
You really are a lovely lot of people.  The house seems empty without him but I have had some nice photos framed and we can now talk about him without welling up so much. We have had a good talk and decided to give it a couple of months and get another dog.  There will never be another Flynn and we would not get the same breed but we are confident we can give another dog a good home. I have always liked boxers, they look so lively and intellegent so now have to convince mother that they don't all slobber. She would like something in the larger spaniel or setter  line.

Like I say we are not going to rush into it but if any of you have these breeds, give us the lowdown.

We have the space, the patience and the knowledge it is the temperament of the breeds we are not sure of. But in the end a good dog is a reflection of the owners care.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 08:09:47 »
Last year when we had to put our Brandy to sleep, we were supposed to have bit of a 'break' while getting our heads cleared from it all and eventually starting to look for a new family member. OH lasted a week when he started to whine after another dog...and within 2 weeks we had one.. ;D I wasn't in a hurry..but when it did happen it was my desicion that we take her (Amber) and never looked back.. ;D
Can't say anything about those breeds..we are terrier people..but many or our friends have had spaniels and I've never seen nasty one yet. They always seem to be most gentle breed and veeery loyal..brilliant with kids.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 08:11:01 »
One of my neighbours had a boxer who insisted on going out with him when he took his very posh vintage car out - Henry would sit up in the back seat & always managed to give the impression he was about to give a gracious wave as he went by, a total character & gentleman.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal