Author Topic: Sad news.  (Read 15219 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Sad news.
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:42:23 »
Poor old Flynn has just come back from the vets. His back has gone and they have drugged him up so he can get some sleep while we make up our minds what to do. They do not really want to operate on a 13 year old dog and alternative is, well you know what. I have been up all night with him and he could not lay down without yelping, so he has been stood most of the night. I always knew this would come one day but I am having a lot of trouble handling this. I always imagined he would just not wake up one morning, but this way is awful, I cannot bear to see him in pain.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: Sad news.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:27 »
So sorry to hear your news - thinking of you & love to Flynn

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:57 »
So sorry Rob............if the vets are sure then we know we have to love them enough to say goodbye.I have seen his pictures and he looks a wonderful boy.

Tears in my eyes as I type this.......I know first hand the pain of this situation.

If he is drugged take a bit of time to come to terms with it in your head.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:10:06 »
I am so sorry to hear about Flynn, Ace.  We have just gone through this with our dear Meggie and, like you with Flynn, we were hoping she would pass away in her sleep.  It didn't happen and we had to take her to be put to sleep.  It's an awful thing to have to do but it sounds as if Flynn is now in a lot of pain and you cannot let him suffer.   :'(   My thoughts are with you Ace.  Love and hugs are being sent to you, your wife and and Flynn.   :-*

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:18:12 »
So sorry to hear this and I can quite appreciate how you are feeling.  My own dogs are 12 & 14 and I know I will have to face it sooner or later.  It's so hard to imagine life without them after such a long time. 

It is such a hard decision to have to make and you are bound to be upset, anybody who loves their pet would be.  I suppose we just have to forget about ourselves, and do what is best.

Thinking of you all,
Betty
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:42 »
Very sorry to hear your news Ace,we had to make that hard decision 3 times with all our cats and it certainly wasnt an easy thing to experience,but these situations are always dealt with professionaly and humanely.

Thoughts are with you.

GazNjude

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:37 »
so sorry to hear this,poor old boy,Im sure your love for him will help you decide the best thing to do,lots of hugs to you Ace
R x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 11:30:50 »
Oh..that is heart breaking... :'( I'm glad you have option to have a good think and spend some moments together, what ever the decision.
Hugs..

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 11:44:50 »
 Ohhh, this is to awful for you, i do feel sorry for you having to make THE decision.
  All the best Ace, sending hugs to you all.  Mrs ace will give you lots of hugs on our behalf on A4A.
Rosebud :-*

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 12:05:23 »
Really sorry, Ace. Just take the time to say goodbye and then do what you must. I've had dogs all my life and it never gets any easier.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 12:20:16 »
This is such a sad time for you Ace.I am sure that Flynn had a really good life with you and the memory of him will stay with you.
We are fortunate to be able to let our pets go when their suffering gets too much for them.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 12:24:28 »
Thanks for the replies. I was never a dog person until I found this  bundle of fur on a farm. The farmer did not think it had the makings for a working dog, he was a giant compared to the rest of the litter. So I took it home and he did grow big, but he was a big softy, he loves playing with children, has never bitten or growled and would welcome anybody into the house. He just gives a woof when he wants to go out. I'm welling up all the time just looking at his trusting face and knowing what we have to do. Just look how gentle he is with children, waiting until he is told to take the tidbit.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:06 »
How lovely
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:52:23 »
Its sad and you have a big hug from us xxx

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 13:36:59 »
That is sad ACE, I know how important he is to you.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 13:42:28 »
Thinking of you Ace, I too have been there, it is the last kindness and caring we can do for our pets to help them not suffer, no help to you I know but we are all there with you xx

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 14:51:00 »

So sorry to hear about your lovely dog Ace.

June.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 15:13:04 »
So sad for you Ace. We have been married 45 years this year & I had a Westie for our 20th we then got a rescued bearded collie. We had to the deed with both of them & have not had a dog since. We have been adopted by a cat though. Big hugs Ace & thinking of you.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 15:53:20 »
So sad for you ACE but you and Flynn have shared 13 wonderful years - you've been lucky to have each other. I know you will not let your dear old pal suffer - hard as it will be for you to do that last act of kindness. Sending love to you, Mrs ACE and Flynn. 

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 15:58:58 »
My thoughts are with you ACE - I'm sure you will do the best by him but it is a hard hard thing to go through..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal