Author Topic: Chairman resigning  (Read 2081 times)

sara g

• Not So New ...
Chairman resigning
« on: February 06, 2012, 19:28:40 »
Just found out today that our Chairman is thinking of resigning, and that will just leave me as I am now both Secretary and Treasurer, we have no one else as vice.  
 I dont know what to do next, as no one else is interested in taking on the position.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Chairman resigning
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 19:44:37 »
How many people on your site - surely there must be someone you can cajole into one of your roles?
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 19:47:25 »
Call a meeting inviting all members and ask for volunteers. Go around the site and approach suitable people and ask for help!

Our Chairman is also waiting to resign and he does alot of extra stuff - show secretary, runs the allotment shop, lots of general jobs etc

We do have an active committee though and think it will be easy enough to fill the chairman role. Filling the other jobs he did will be more difficult.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 19:50:22 »
could your exsisting chairman hang on for a bit till you have managed to enlist more help? seems unfair you already hold two roles,good luck
R x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

sara g

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 19:59:51 »
Thanks for all your replies.
We have about 50 ish members off the top of my head. Cant think of anyone that I can cajole into doing the job, they're just not interested, most of our tenants are golden oldies and just want to be left to tend to their plot, and I dont blame them to be honest. Think our chairman has just about had enough, he does a lot of extras too, great bloke, but people just keep taking him for granted, I know I can always call on him for advice though.  Just dont know what to do for the best.
 ???x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal