Author Topic: Hello from Glasgow  (Read 6105 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Hello from Glasgow
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 08:38:59 »
That Sir, is a proper greenhouse for an allotment!  Love it.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Ananke

• Not So New ...
    • Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 13:53:30 »

I'm glad the rustic look is in  ;D

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 14:24:27 »
yer,luv the GH very original.....what me dig when im on me hols...we,ll have to discuss that one over a pot of tea....but if its a trade you want I guess half hours muddying is OK(writes note to self) put in wellies...!!!

Oh and your fish box table will be 1 box lower each side as Ill be borrowing 2 of them to fill with Coalies,huss and Rays if I have my way after a spot of fishing along Loch Etive....although that is probably a jest as Jude will have other ideas for our time like mammal watching and hill climbing if she has her way.... ::)

Like ya blog as well,looks like your having fun !!!!!!!

GazNjude

Ananke

• Not So New ...
    • Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 16:24:19 »
We quite fancy trying fishing too.  Don't know the first thing about it though.  I did see a cheap rod in a local shop and thought it would be worth buying it and just drive until we see people fishing and ask lol.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:44:32 »
Thats it then,you supply a pot O tea and Ill give you some background on sea angling if thats the type of fishing you had in mind.....be it boat or shore...I can certainly talk you through what kit you may wish to buy or borrow to go out and have a bit O fun..... :D

Itll be my 1st experience in Scotland anyway so dont have an inkling on what awaits me but there is a fella living in Dundee who says he was going to drive over to the loch as and when we arrive to give me a heads up.

Gazza

Ananke

• Not So New ...
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 22:29:07 »
That sounds like a good deal to me, for some good advice i'll throw some cake in too :)

I was having a look through the recipe section, love the recipes and photos you've put up, well done.  I'll be doing the meat loaf this week :)

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 10:48:08 »
awww,  thats where i had my allotment. i have sooo many happy memories of there. i was up at the top of the hill where the wall to the graveyard is. the one with the concrete paths and all the....ahem "borrowed" security fencing all around it. ;)

are my wee plum and apple trees still gowing?

is harry still there? he helped build the greenhouse for me and had such a nice way of telling me where i was going wrong.

i'm sure you'll love it there, it was a real wee community where everyone helped one another. the big metal shed at the back of my old allotment was rolled on scaffolding poles from the right hand side of the plot to the left.....wish i'd had a video camera, it was a scream.

enjoy.xx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal