Author Topic: London Single Bus Fare £2.30  (Read 1254 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
London Single Bus Fare £2.30
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:02:24 »
I was really amazed that I had to pay £2.30 for a single Journey.  It is a terrible insult to visitors to the city.  I do not go often enough for an oyster card. As a mouldy oldy I have a bus pass but wanted a ride before the time it was available

I spend the afternoon riding round for free as revenge.

I hope that London will consider its faire before giving its Olympic visitors a kick in the teeth.

And now I discover I could have used my bus pass anytime in London.  Huh

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: London Single Bus Fare £2.30
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:01:16 »
£2.30 is the most (and least) you can pay for a single journey.  This is exceptional value if you want to go the entire length of a bus route but very expensive if you only go a couple of stops.

The tube is horrendously expensive - £4.30 for a journey in Zone 1 is pretty bad but strangely you can go from one end of the tube to the other for £5.30.  Of course if you live here you have an oyster card, season ticket or some sort of monthly/weekly/yearly travel card or some combo of them. 

I generally walk or cycle or get the oyster card out when needed..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:53 »
Its £1.90 for a single fare here in Liverpool,so expensive if you are only going a few stops,as you say. I try to cycle everywhere,but not always practical if you are going somewhere you dont want to arrive looking windswept at.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:50:43 »
£2.20 here for a short(ish) journey into town, higher priced tickets are available!!
You couldn't make it up!

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:57:23 »
My friend & I had a wonderful time in London last week with our bus passes, £6 return (ok 2 singles!) on the train with our senior rail cards & a twin room nearly opposite Kings Cross station for the night for £50

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal