Author Topic: Where's your space?  (Read 2047 times)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
Where's your space?
« on: January 20, 2012, 06:39:36 »
It's 6:30 in the morning. I went to bed about 2am and then didn't sleep well so here I am....

I'm in the smallest room in the house. It's choc-ca block full of books and paper and....(I must look in those plastic boxes one day) and it's warm and cosy.

It's a bit like my allotment shed: "All mine" most of the time so only my junk comes in here.

Have you got a special place you can relax in or retreat to?

I really do like my little room especially when I'm half asleep and don't notice the junk clutter and piles essential randomly place but organised belongings.  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Where's your space?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:10:19 »
Mine used to be the lobby... a small room under the stairs... but now the comp. has been brought out into the dining room..  >:(

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:37:09 »
no, but I wish I had. Can't use my shed as a place, it's too small and filled chocka. In my house I can't even be at peace in the loo - if I shut the dorr, the bloomin' cat scratches to be let in to see what I am up to!!!  :-\  :-\  :-\  ;D  ;D  ;D
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:08:33 »
The PC is in my "office" but rarely used since my Macbook and phone travel about the house with me! Often on the kitchen table belting out music while I'm cooking. The phone does the same job in the garden and allotment.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:24 »

It's even got a beer chiller

compostbin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 11:31:17 »
 ;D ;D ;Dooooooooo, i just love that beer cooler,....bit choca-bloc...in me shed on me lottie,...& it's raining here right now...but thats were i'll be,...right now...if the wetstuff stops,...

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 12:54:12 »
No I don't really have one...except my allotment and the shed is too full to get in.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 14:24:25 »
M polytunnel, I've been in there all morning, trimming back the herb cuttings and geraniums, lovely smells  ;D

Rallychef

• Not So New ...
  • Greystoke, Cumbria
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 15:58:03 »
when I'm not in the garden or the lotti, I am lucky enough to have a shed/workshop to indulge my other hobby of model building,  brick built, shed, 10ftx8ft,  my son (a qualified sparks) has installed electric/light/heating & phone, plus my wi fi works as well. Can go missing for hours on end

regards Ian D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 02:22:28 »
Rallychef that looks wonderful!! Very organised and just the way I would love to be if I had enough time.

Kea my allotment was heaven when I was working full-time and it's still somewhere I am hoping to have time to get to. An outdoor bit of peace and heaven. I never have time to stop and sit in my shed. Although there's room enough for the chair and kettle I usually keep going until it's "must go home" time.

Having somewhere where I can put something down and know it will still be there in the same place makes my tiny boxroom a haven. (I do have to move other peoples things out periodically when I spot them!!  ::)  ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 10:47:00 »
I have my shed of course, but then most of you you know that already......! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 11:28:40 »
love your space ACE  not far to go if you take short lol

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 00:58:46 »
Has anyone seen (on U-tube I think it was) the very small buildings that serve some people as home?

So easy to heat and keep clean.... but I think I'll stick to my dream of owning a narrow boat with all mod cons.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal