Author Topic: some senseless women  (Read 4505 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: some senseless women
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 08:15:16 »
I too had gallstones . They developed while I was carrying my first baby. The doctor said it was colic. It was a form of colic but not as we know it. I thought it was all part of having a baby and that when it was born the pain would stop. Was I in for a surprise. Back it came with a vengeance. I was taken into hospital 2 weeks after giving birth to have my gall bladder out. In those days the op was quite a serious one and I have the scar to prove it.
I am glad that some others when comparing it to labour said that the pain is far worse  cos that what I thought
Your grandaughter will be fine. The hospitals will take care of her and her babies.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:00 »
May I suggest your daughter contacts TAMBA if she has not already been directed to their website... http://www.tamba.org.uk/
.... there she will get great support and up to date information about twin pregnancy and birth.

As a midwife and a mum I always hesitate to get involved in threads of this type as any advice I can give is really very generalised and not tailored to your daughters individual circumstances which is what she really needs. However I can always be pm'd if there is anything specific I can help her with if she would like that. She still has the majority of her pregnancy to go yet, and a lot of the options around birth decisions often cannot be made until later in pregnancy when the type of twins she has is better known and their presentations.

However, I must add that my very first birth as a qualified midwife way back in 1987 was a beautiful spontaneous twin birth which I have never forgotten.....they are a bit different from singletons but every birth is different and it is important to reassure her that what has happened to her friends and their pattern of birth is likely to be very different from her own.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 11:25:03 »
thank you everyone for your replies perhaps i was being over protective i had my first at 17 3 by time  i was 23the midwife has told her she wont be allowed to carry over 36 weeks she will be started off  and also she might have to have a c section the babies one of each is lying top to tail and the little boy is way down  my greatest worry is that her mum lost a little girl at 23 weeks because of a weak cervix but has gone on to carry two  baby's  full time   ( ali is being  monitored for this )my other daughters twin boys was delivered  by c section at 31 weeks and now they are two bouncing 4 yr olds  easy labours seem to run in this family my self and both daughters and my eldest granddaughter has had fairly easy births  so fingers crossed Alison's will be the same

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal