Author Topic: DOES ANYONE HAVE  (Read 9416 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 16:16:05 »
  Hi Pauline, we decided after all to leave it for the time being.
I just love to cook & bake i do not want to be put off doing that, & i think i might be.
I should hate to change my rich fruit cake to something else  ie: change recipe & also sponge
cakes etc:. i shall have another look in the spring & decide yes or no.
 Regards Mary  :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 17:33:20 »
You probably wouldn't need to change the recipe, just the cooking time. 

If you send could pm me please with your rich fruit cake recipe, I will try it out next weekend in the Halogen oven.  John loves fruit cake whereas I prefer meringues, Dutch pastries and lemon cakes.  He will deserve a treat after his hospital visits this week.   ;D 

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 22:28:35 »
 Hi Pauline, yes i will PM it to you soon as, out tomorrow so probably wed.  It is sooooo
nice takes 3 hrs though on 125 electric!!!!!!. Will Pm you
 I use it for special occasions , weddings etc:...
 Mary x.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:28 »
Sorry, Squash64, yes, that's the one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Premium-Replaceable-WARRANTY/dp/B002LYQF7A/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

It looks as if there are slightly better deals around now, eg the lid stand and extra bulb, very useful.

Shallow frying is easy if you heat up the oil first. I have never tried deep frying as for battered fish.

It is brilliant at cooking chunks of winter squash (I steam them for a short time first) and slightly singing the edges for the best flavour - preferably along with bits of pepper and onion and sweet potato and.....

The heat is immediately adjustable from a gentle simmer to very hot, and the glass makes it very easy to see when something is ready, or needs a burst of extra heat.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 21:56:55 »
After reading reviews on here I have just bought one too.  My oven is too big for just the two of us.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:00 »
Just an update on how I am getting on with my new halogen oven.

I find it very good, especially cooking pork chops.  I haven't tried any sweet things in it yet but managed to get some half price halogen cook books a couple of days ago from a shop that is closing.  I will try out some of the sweet recipes this week.

What I really love about the cooker is that it is so easy to clean compared with cleaning a conventional oven or grill pan. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal