Author Topic: open letter to tesco  (Read 10483 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: open letter to tesco
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 13:00:02 »
Lovely friendly staff at waitrose.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 13:55:55 »

Shop Aldi ,quality is good ,prices good.
   June.

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 15:46:01 »
I used to do most of my shopping in Tesco - not any more, however I did succumb yesterday to a Tesco Direct e-mail and plased an order at 6.30pm. In this mornings post I recieved a £10 dicsount voucher  yes you guessed it to use on Tesco Direct so I telephoned them asking them to refund it against order placed they refused in a not too pleasant manner and so did I - I cancelled my order. 

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 09:49:20 »
The only thing i miss about tescos is being able to buy a gardenersworld subscription with clubcard points. 

x Sunloving

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 18:35:23 »
I work at Tesco. I'm friendly..............ish.

Pescador
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Mimi

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 19:19:45 »
Can anyone really be buying Easter Eggs from Tesco the day after Boxing Day????????
Why are the posters and goods up prompting people to get stuff for kids Return to School.  BEFORE the poor beggars have even broken up for the summer!!!!!!!!!!
Would love to be able to afford to shop at Waitrose.... (I would even get to see Wils and Catherine at my local one LOL!) I bet that's done wonders for their customer numbers.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 21:00:05 »
it did my head in all those people buying and queuing, have you nothing else to do? get an allotment, :) 
;D
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 21:25:56 »
I remember when Tesco was a really scruffy down market shop full of boxes, Fine Fare was the super market we used.  Tesco got to the top, there is only one wayto go - down into oblivion.

non-stick

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 22:38:06 »
My letter to tesco would say Stop trying to take over the World. They buy up every bit of land possible in  the hope of building yet another store there. There are five of the b*****y things in Chesterfield.

Theres nine in lincoln, they were going to make another but there was a storm of protest.

Similar number in Basingstoke and they want to build another one - for our benefit of course

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 11:45:16 »
Well I love Tesco.  To me they are the greatest.  We had Tesco Pet insurance for our dog Meggie who died last week (see the Listening Post for those who don't know).  She started being ill in November and we had to claim from the insurance.  They were very helpful on the phone and sent a claim form immediately via email.  Every claim that was put in was dealt with straight away.  I was amazed with the first one as the vets sent it off to Tesco on the Monday and I had a cheque back from them in my hand on the Friday.  The vet staff were amazed as they sell "Pet Plan" insurance and that takes weeks for claims to be dealt with. 

I shop at Tesco and have always found the staff friendly and their groceries very good.  I collect their points and have been twice through the Channel Tunnel with the caravan, taken the family to Longleat three times and to the Aquarium at Weymouth, paid for the ferry to take us and the caravan to the Isle of Wight and have eaten out in many restaurants free of charge with Tesco vouchers. 

Yesterday we stopped at Morrison's on the way back from our trip to Bristol.  The food I bought was the same standard as Tesco and cost only slightly more (eg. 50p dearer for 4 pints of milk) However, they offer no points.  Sainsbury offer points but their meat and milk is dearer and the Nectar Points are nowhere near as good value as Tesco.  Waitrose is very expensive and their use by dates are shorter than Tesco.  This does not suit me as I shop approximately once every two weeks.

For years our nearest Supermarket was the Co-Op and I hated shopping there; they are very expensive and their vegetables are often old and past their best and their meat is awful.  A Tesco was then built about 6 miles away in the same town as the Co-Op and I use this most of the time.

For me, Tesco is definitely the best.

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 13:13:46 »
Well said Paulines7.
So sorry to hear about your dog.
It's often easier to find time to pick fault than it is to say something is good. So a big pat on the back for you for finding the time, especially with your news.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

pumkinlover

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 14:19:52 »
http://www.tescopoly.org/

Glad that you got good service P7.
It's just the ruthlessness of the  supermarkets  that gets to me.
They put a lot of pressure on councils especially towns like Holmfirth where there is no Tesco.
From my understanding Tesco and Walmart/Asda are the worse (no unions allowed in Walmart US).
I try to grow as much as I can and buy from direct from farmers or a fantastic wholefood warehouse in Sheffield.
This means our supermarket trips are few and far between and save us loads of dosh.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:22 »

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 07:47:36 »
A thought-provoking article from the Guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/18/pays-tesco-ceo-wages-we-do

Another reason to shop in Waitrose, where the profits are shared by the workers, who are all shareholders.

You can bet the Tesco chiefs shop there, not in their own rugrat infested emporiums.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:31 »
Yes I do agree - the  John Lewis Partnership model does seem better for the employees, although the last time I was in John Lewis I overheard a couple of the "partners" having a right, good moan about being overworked and undervalued! ;D

i love Waitrose shopping too, but it's so expensive. Mind you I know what you mean. In Tesco yesterday I couldn't get to the runny honey for 3 rug rats rolling about on the floor round mum's trolley while she chatted with her chum. Looked black affronted too when I asked them to move!!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:23 »

Would love to be able to afford to shop at Waitrose.... (I would even get to see Wils and Catherine at my local one LOL!) I bet that's done wonders for their customer numbers.

Yes Waitrose is more expensive on the things they're not price matching with Tesco, in fact M&S is much cheaper on ready meals and meat ....which is why I sometimes drive the 12 miles and stock up on M&S food for the freezer. But Waitrose is my nearest supermarket and I can walk there if I wish everything else I have to drive to making it more expensive overall.

The bread in Waitrose is rubbish and Mondays and Tuesday bread is understocked/going out of date as well (to put salt in the wound)...and Monday is our town's market day too the busiest day of the week. But the staff are lovely.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal