Author Topic: Shoplifting  (Read 10853 times)

petengade

• Acre
Re: Shoplifting
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 09:48:07 »
Easily done with buy one get one free, he put the buy  one back and kept the free one  ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 11:08:41 »
 Learn a recipe a day with Antony Worrall Thompson; today the classic German desert Stollen  :-[

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 14:11:18 »
I refuse to use self scan. I am helping a large corporation to make huge profits by buying from them and I can't even have a member of their staff to take my payment? It's disgraceful and costs jobs. I will queue up, (Driving my hubby a bit mad) but it's a matter of principle. 

Sorry, we were talking about shoplifting weren't we?  ;D   ;D   Oh well, lots of famous people have been caught shoplifting (re Winona Ryder... lindsay Lohan as well, no?) I think it is the thrill factor, rather than being down on their luck. Probably something to do with all the pills they pop too...
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 15:58:46 »
Reminds me of the joke where 3 prisoners are talking...
Prisoner 1 - "I got 3 years for importing a controlled substance"
Prisoner 2 - "I got 1 year for GBH "
Prisoner 3 - "I got life for shoplifting..."

Prisoner 1 &2 "Eh? How come, what happened?"

Prisoner 3 "I lifted the Arndale Centre 6 foot off the ground"

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 16:19:08 »
The old ones are the bset Ollie...  ;D

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 16:30:02 »

It's only a way of promoting his soon to be out book.  It took him this many tries to get the required publicity.     

Abused as a child,   Ditto, but I do not shoplift.      Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 16:50:42 »
I actually do think he thought that he could get away with it!  and I bet a 10p he used that line "do you know who I am"  :-[

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 17:08:55 »
I refuse to use self scan. I am helping a large corporation to make huge profits by buying from them and I can't even have a member of their staff to take my payment? It's disgraceful and costs jobs. I will queue up, (Driving my hubby a bit mad) but it's a matter of principle. 

Good for you!! I agree.  :)

Oh well, lots of famous people have been caught shoplifting (re Winona Ryder... lindsay Lohan as well, no?) I think it is the thrill factor, rather than being down on their luck. Probably something to do with all the pills they pop too...

With their money all they needed to have done first was leave their debit card at the check-out and wander off for a "bit of excitement". Sad lives if that's the best they can manage.  :(

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 17:20:50 »
He has just brought out a new diet. Cheese and wine, followed by porridge. I bet with all that cheese he nicked the police gave him a good grilling.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 18:27:18 »
Learn a recipe a day with Antony Worrall Thompson; today the classic German desert Stollen  :-[

;D ;D ;D

I heard that he was also doing some programmes about herbs.  In the next one, he'll be doing thyme.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 18:30:31 »
These days, whenever I look at a bottle of fine wine in a supermarket and wonder whether it's good value, I think, "What would Anthony Worrall Thompson pay for that?"

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 10:55:17 »
I note his comment "I hope now I can get the help i need"

Would that be on how to shoplift without getting caught ? If so, try not shoplifting the same place fives times, after you got caught the first time. Duh.........
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 13:42:07 »
Does anyone remember Lady Isobel Barnet? A titled lady; a qualified doctor; a Justice of the Peace and a household name as a televison personality on 'What's my Line' in the 1950/60s?

Later convicted of shoplifting for stealing a can of tuna and some cream worth 87p, she committed suicide four days later.

There, but for the grace of God, go any of us.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 14:10:48 »
There seems to be a trend amongst celebrities to shop lift.  Maybe its because they get so much free, complimentary and paid for the get into a mindset they donmt have to pay for anything, and then suddenyl come unstuck when they walk into a shop take something and the sho objects.

The ones i can think off off the top of my head are:

Winona Ryder - caught her stealing accessories from a department store in 2001.

Adam Rickitt, busted walking out of an Auckland supermarket with a bottle of HP sauce, a block of cheese and a jar of coffee that he forgot to pay for.

Rex Reed - decided to stick a few CDs in his pocket before walking out of a Tower Records.

Lindsay Lohan,  didnt think the jewellry shop would want back the £1m Handmaiden Necklace  they lent her.

Courtney Love, another one that thinks Diamonds Are Not Only Forever, but Free as well

Paris Hilton, another free jewellery enthusiast

Megan Fox, walked out of Wal mart with a $7 lipstick. You wouldnt think celebrities would use ASDA lipstick, but there you are..........

Christine Cavallari, model, went shopping with two friends, and helped themselves in Tawny K, an accessories and makeup shop

Britney Spears, put on a $200 top in a store and left with it on, which  ofc is the oldest trick in the book as far as shoplifting goes. Unfoirtunately when you are a recognised globally, its a bit trickier to get away with.

Peaches Geldorf, Bob Geldorfs empty headed talentless bimbo daughter has been caught several times, the latest being 2008 when she left London boutique Luna + Curious with a garment in hand. Other stores Geldof has been caught red-handed include  Urban Outfitters and Carnaby Street.

Even the recently departed Farrah Fawcett was arrested twice for shoplifting clothes, but both times she defended herself, saying that the stores wouldn't let her exchange defective merchandise. So, she did it herself.  An epic misunderstanding of californian retail law there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 14:13:19 by lincsyokel2 »

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 15:24:46 »
^^ you forgot Richard Madeley who stole champagne also from Tesco.

He was acquitted after claiming that both incidents were down to memory lapses.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 16:06:27 »
Does anyone remember Lady Isobel Barnet? A titled lady; a qualified doctor; a Justice of the Peace and a household name as a televison personality on 'What's my Line' in the 1950/60s?

Later convicted of shoplifting for stealing a can of tuna and some cream worth 87p, she committed suicide four days later.

There, but for the grace of God, go any of us.

Yes, we were talking about her last night.  That was a very sad story, and of course we'll never know whether, as many people speculated, she'd gone from being merely a bit eccentric to positively batty.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 16:36:45 »
I'm glad you mentioned the thief Madeley Ellen.    :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 17:06:47 »
And what Rogues Gallery would be complete without Prisoner FF8282 ??

While he was a witness in the Aquablast case in Toronto in 1977, Archer was accused of taking three suits from a department store, an accusation he denied for many years. However, in the late 1990s, Archer finally acknowledged that he had indeed taken the suits, although he claimed that at the time he had not realised he had left the shop.  No charges were brought. (source: Wikipedia)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 18:23:54 »
I can remember Worral-Thompson throwing a right wobbly when he was in 'I'm a thief get me out of here', when someone did not know who he was, 'I'M A FAMOUS CHEF', or something like that was his reply, pompous sod, :)

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 19:17:15 »
I can remember Worral-Thompson throwing a right wobbly when he was in 'I'm a thief get me out of here', when someone did not know who he was, 'I'M A FAMOUS CHEF', or something like that was his reply, pompous sod, :)

yes but he isnt. Hes never actually cooked in a resturant in his life, even when he owned a restuarant he had a Head Chef. As Gordon Ramsey pointed out many years ago, hes nothing more than a jumped up Head Waiter.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal