Author Topic: Shoplifting  (Read 10852 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Shoplifting
« on: January 09, 2012, 13:27:34 »
Just off to lovely Morrisons to get some cheese and wine.  Don't think I will bother to scan it, as the police will only give me a caution, but then I am not famous, and it will only be my first offence, so perhaps I had better pay for it.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  Seriously, do feel sorry for him, as he must have completely lost the plot.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Shoplifting
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 13:31:08 »
Who's been shoplifting ?  ::)...do I find it from Daily Mail?

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 13:31:40 »
maybe it was genuine mistake, i hate those things they never seem to work as they should for me and i dare say there are quite a few people out there that have shoplifted with out knowing it.
But then again there is this thing where famous people seem to think they can get away with out paying stuff from shops.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 13:32:04 »
Anthony Worrel Thompson
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 13:33:40 »
Worel.. :o...times must be hard. It aint mistake if it happens that many times. He must be loosing his plot..perharps he is after getting some attention again.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 13:35:27 »
5 times, no mistake.  He should try cheaper cheese.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 13:58:15 »
i bet he is cheesed off at getting caught   ;D  ;D  ;D

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 14:35:23 »
i bet he is cheesed off at getting caught   ;D  ;D  ;D

At least he didn't whine about it.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 17:16:45 »
I worked for the said company many moons ago when another famous name was actually prosecuted for shoplifting.Speaking with security at the time they said they  watch folk like that on several occasions before they make a move,they know the publicity it will attract.
sanity is overated

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 17:31:57 »
Sad news..........he must have been crazy to think he could get away with it.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 17:36:35 »
Did have a bit of a problem today, with the self service, which I never use (unless granddaughter is with me, as she understands it all), and the assistant had to help me 3 times as the items didn't scan.  I did manage to get a long queue of irrate customers behind me as I kept doing it all wrong, think I should be paid for this, or at least get a reduction from my shopping. I got so annoyed that I will not be using it again, and it wouldn't take my bottle of wine, which I can understand as I don't really look 67.  All the basket only tills were shut, but after calling the assistant 3 times, I do know what bananas are, and I did have my own bag, but needed two more.  I really don't blame people for nicking as I felt like smashing the machine.  So much for service in shops nowadays, but then I am an OAP so allowed to moan for England, I suppose I am don't allowed to say that.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 17:44:44 »
Avoid those things B,I don't use them as they put people out of a job.

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 18:21:44 »
I think it's outrageous, Tesco took the time and patience to film it on 5 separate occasions - if it had been any of us once and the long arm of the law would have been felt and he's got away with a caution - tell me where's the fairness in that !

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 18:48:45 »
What happens if you don't put all your goods through a self checkout till, or what if you have made a genuine mistake and the bar code did not register, and off you go out of the store, :)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 18:56:21 »
What happens if you don't put all your goods through a self checkout till, or what if you have made a genuine mistake and the bar code did not register, and off you go out of the store, :)

It's quite hard to do by mistake. Your shopping is weighed on the basket side & the weight of the product is stored against the barcode, so they know what weight of shopping you should have on the bagging side.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 19:19:27 »
Does make you wonder what was going through Anthonys mind or what he is going through to make him do this.

On the subject of self scan, last Friday I poped into a Sainsburys local (or was it a Tesco Metro) to buy a packet of biscuits to tide me over.
I went to the self scan, as I normally do when I only a few items, but they were all busy and a bit of a queue.
Right by these there were 3 staffed checkouts with not a single customer, I use selfscan so I don't have to queue so why are people queue to use them when they don't have to  ???
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 21:30:43 »

Five times in a week just don't believe he was in Tesco's, surely home delivery by Fortnum and Masons, :)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 02:39:05 »
Did have a bit of a problem today, with the self service, which I never use (unless granddaughter is with me, as she understands it all), and the assistant had to help me 3 times as the items didn't scan.  I did manage to get a long queue of irrate customers behind me as I kept doing it all wrong, think I should be paid for this, or at least get a reduction from my shopping. I got so annoyed that I will not be using it again, and it wouldn't take my bottle of wine, which I can understand as I don't really look 67.  All the basket only tills were shut, but after calling the assistant 3 times, I do know what bananas are, and I did have my own bag, but needed two more.  I really don't blame people for nicking as I felt like smashing the machine.  So much for service in shops nowadays, but then I am an OAP so allowed to moan for England, I suppose I am don't allowed to say that.

You have a good moan!! It does you the world of good (I tell my wife when I'm in full flow and she's tried in vain to stop me  ;D).

Personally I'm not keen on those DIY checkouts either. I too think it's another cost cutting measure and a reason to employ fewer staff. I like someone to natter to when I flap about with the packing and plonking things on the conveyor belt.

The helpful assistant seemed less than relaxed the last time I argued with their rotten self-service scanning thing-me-bob. I had put the things whereever it was I was meant to. And... I was "thinking logically" as the helpful assistant said (blinking cheek). It's just that the rotten self-service checkout contraption wasn't listening terribly attentively.

Actually I was quite pleased by the way the check-out process went.  ;D  I was easily able to prove that employing at least one human being to keep an eye on the hardware and assist the irritating illogical customer was a very good idea.

"And," as I told my wife at the time.... "I was polite even if I wasn't that patient".
Daft contraption!

Less fuss to pinch the lot than it was to shove it through the scanner. (Please note - I'm not serious about my last comment!)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:12:39 »
Offf with his hands.    :-X   :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal