Author Topic: Nothing any good on TV  (Read 6989 times)

betula

• Hectare
Nothing any good on TV
« on: January 01, 2012, 18:52:17 »
Thank God for the radio and books.

Very little to enjoy on TV.............had to sit through the most depressing Eastenders the other night to please someone else...........what a load of old rubbish.

Anyone else not happy with the so called Christmas TV?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Nothing any good on TV
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 18:56:23 »
It's total guff, isn't it?!

Give me The Archers over Eastenders any day - this year the worst disaster appears to have been a dropped bit of wedding cake.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 19:08:13 »
Right load of tat  ;D
Then again, I did enjoy 'nativity' when it was on  ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 19:11:40 »
I didn't watch telly at all over Christmas.. ::) Other night we watched  The Goodlife  ;D..their christmas..oh it was funny.. ;D ;D
And last night we watch Film..Pirates of Caribean..thats about it how exciting telly has been for us.
I've been reading and reading...and reading instead. It is sooo nice to have wood fire on..lie down on settee and put rug over the legs..dog lying on tummy like hot water bottle and enjoy all the good stories. House is sooo quiet and I've been able nap as I please...Loooovely.. ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 19:16:18 »
Anyone been listening to A Tale of Two Cities on Radio4  afternoon play. It's things like that which make the licence fee good value, and the one's I missed I can catch up on IPlayer or podcast- and work in the garden at the same time!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 19:16:39 »
We've recorded a few of the one off dramas to watch at some point but I agree, not much to feast our eyes upon this (last?) year!  So fed up of looking through the channels and seeing such things as 'TVs 50 Most Shocking Moments/Magical Moments/Shocking Celebrity Splits/Cutest or ugliest celebrity babies/Funniest TV sketches etc etc etc.  Please, please, more originality with our viewing times!!  Aaaah, I did enjoy Downton Abbey though (even that I sky+ though as those darn adverts every 15 minutes...)

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 19:21:01 »
I thought "The Christmas Lectures" weren't up to scratch.     as well as most of the other stuff.   :-[   Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 19:22:03 »
I had to sit through both Corrie and Emmerdale on Christmas day because I was round my parents and my mother did not want to miss them.
I can't believe how often the soaps are on, nearly every day.

I am just so glad of technology, I just record everything I want on my PVR and watch it when I want, so I never moan there is nothing on worth watching, as I will always have something recorded.

I also download some podcasts to my phone for when I am out walking, my favorate is 'The infinite monkey cage' but I am annoyed they only do 6 shows each series.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 19:25:27 »
Must admit I do like Downton.Remember last year when they did a one off Upstairs Downstairs........that was good.

All in all though I think the TV has been a disaster.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 19:35:16 »
We've resorted to Trollied which we recorded in the Summer. Very funny if you don't mind a bit of rudery ;D. It's been utter tosh over Christmas hasn't it, perhaps they think everyone is so sloshed they won't even notice :o.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 19:37:31 »
Sherlock Holmes tonight!

pumkinlover

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 19:45:47 »
We're with Chrispy on use of the video and catch up later, still got last Autumnwatch to watch! Thanks for reminder about Sherlock Caroline  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 19:52:08 »
We watched the lastest pirates and the kings speech, but apart from that only the news and I slept through great expectations each time it was on. I will have to watch it on iplayer. I did invest in an internet radio last year so we listened to loads of old comedies and radio dramas. I decided it was time to start writing a book as everyone has supposed to have a go at some time. Great fun, it started out as a book for the grandchildren to read, but she who must be obeyed said it was not really suitable to read as a bedtime story. So it is now a satire and I've only done about 60 pages so a long way to go before it is finished. How she can judge it by the little bit I've done, I don't know.

We have over 150 channels on the telly but most of them are on a loop, so the same thing is repeated over and over again, they all come free with the phone/internet package on cable. If it was not for that I would go back to 3 or 4 channels.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 19:55:06 »
Sherlock...I love that new version..finally something to watch. I must switch telly on and let it warm up first though.. ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 20:03:50 »
The whole Christmas/New Year Telly has been utter rubbish.   Most of the programmes at peak viewing is for the children.  Now who watches the children's programmes.   Not the children.  they are doing other stuff its adults who are hoping to sit in front of the box at night and watch something good.   We have watched loads of Q1 over and over again.  Downton was good as was Great Expectations.   Last night I watched  'Man for all Seasons'  that was OK.  Tonight I will switch over for 'Woman of Substance'.  Thank goodness we have Yesterday and Dave. 

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 20:13:39 »
I have been saved by our love film subscription which has over the last 6 months allowed me to have something to watch in the evening thats NOT peppa pig or in the night garden or even top gear :)

I have got some free 2 month subscription cards if anyone wants to give it a go PM me and i send you the code :)

Over christmas we have had Gnomeo & Juliet to watch as well as Tron legacy :)

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 20:18:00 »
Ienjoyed Eric and Earnie the early years, but was out from time to time picking the odd family member up and taking them home ;D
m j gravell

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 20:19:38 »
Downton Abbey was the only thing I had to watch, otherwise it's been reading & playing Scrabble online.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 20:24:13 »
Makes you wonder how people did entertain themselves before TV and Radio in the deep midwinter.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 20:31:09 »
Makes you wonder how people did entertain themselves before TV and Radio in the deep midwinter.

Yep not sure what parents did before there was cbeebies :) Only way i got harriet to eat her dinner today was to put the goggle box on to one of her programs :(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal