Author Topic: Christmas veggies  (Read 4091 times)

brown thumb

• Hectare
Re: Christmas veggies
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:13:48 »
we will be having a turkey butterfly and gammon  from the lotty will be roast potatoes new baby pots if theres any growing in the plastic carriers whats in green house minted with home grown mint carrots  swede  psb parsnips, sprouts and onions and sage stuffing with either xmas pud (bought) or pavalova with a mix of summer berries lottys i might throw in a butternut as well

Hi_Hoe

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 19:31:56 »
spuds, parsnips, kale, cabbage, beetroot, leek, kohl rabi and a few 'erbs all form allotment. All washed down with our homebrewed wine, cider and lager. only the meat and the crackers will be bought in!
If tha does nowt, tha gets nowt. Simple!

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 20:13:32 »
Wilja for the roasties,parsnips,roast onions,runner beans. :)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 00:59:24 »
Sorry you lost your Christmas veg Powerspade.  Hope you can get decent fare where you are. 

We make a Christmas salad, a traditional family recipe with apples, potatoes, beetroot and peas from the garden.  The prawn starter will be on a bed of lettuce, cress, endive and rocket from the cold frame, cloche and greenhouse.  I harvested some tomatoes very late from the greenhouse which have coloured up and still taste decent.  Just enough for a few slices each as well.  For the turkey dinner, potatoes, parsnip, squash, apple, garlic and onion for the stuffing,  beans from the freezer, but will have to buy sprouts and also run out of carrots.  For sweet course there will be meringue nests with soft fruit from the freezer and cream.  Leeks and leftover turkey in a nice sauce will feature at some point after boxing day too.   Kale is looking good, but don't want to harvest at this point, as we still have so much other veg.

Digeroo I envy your red and green sprouts.  This will look so festive.   :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal