Author Topic: wherever you are,will it make number one?  (Read 6699 times)

betula

• Hectare
wherever you are,will it make number one?
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:00:06 »

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: wherever you are,will it make number one?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:48 »
No.

This will.

Great music for a great cause.  RIP.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:00:02 »
Anything is a blessing if it is not the X factor trash that normally dominates the Christmas number One.This year they seem worse than ever...........and I used to like X factor........a long time ago it seems now.

pansy potter

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 11:08:08 »
I woulld like Fairytale of New York to get there. Its my favourite Christmas song.
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 11:18:13 »

pansy potter

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:07:28 »
Hahahhaa. I just love it. ;D
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:16:09 »
Anything is a blessing if it is not the X factor trash that normally dominates the Christmas number One.This year they seem worse than ever...........and I used to like X factor........a long time ago it seems now.

The X Factor is a farce. The audiance is manipulated by the judges, and by SyCo media machine, which leaks and publicises stories to influence the vote.  They change the rules to suit themselves if the public vote isnt going the way they want.

The X Factor isnt not a talent competition as such, in that its designed to find the peopel who will sell the most records to the largest target audience. That ability is not directly related to talent, by any mean.  You see people with far better singing ability than the eventualy winner being thrown out by the judges, because they wont sell as many records to the target aidience if they win. Similarly, less talented people are kept in, and given extra help to stay in, if they seem otherwise marketable. There has  provable been cases of singing errors being corrected electronically to assist weaker singers, and clearly examples of peopel being made to sing unsuitable songs against there will and subsequently being eliminated by a public vote.

Syco's media machine also influences the vote by circulating stories  to the press, to raise or lower  contestants profile. There are also provable voting anomilies. Theres even been examples of wiiners of or eliminations from rounds being released BEFORE the announcement is officially made. And the fact the actual vote numbers are kept secret enables fiddles to be perfomed.

So, its a con on the public who think they are voting for the winner, in fact the last three were already decided on at boot camp by SyCo and the judges. The job of the judges is to make sure those three there get there, they are not there to judge the talent in the show, the already did that.

Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 07:49:01 »

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 08:02:40 »
Love it,good fun ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 08:10:01 »
Is the Military wives choir available as a  DVD? or just CD. I love it and cannot watch without crying. could end with red eyes.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 08:15:53 »
Not sure.............maybe someone will come along soon who knows these things LOL ;D

Watched the series about these women and the lovely Gareth.What a great teacher he is .

pumkinlover

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 08:17:48 »
Oh I think I'd join a choir if he asked me ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 08:24:23 »
I got chucked out of a choir once cus choirmaster said I could not sing .......bloody cheek.Sure Gareth would have kept me in LOL  ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 08:49:30 »
Same happened to me Betula, I was only 6, and it has always affected me :'( Such a little thing but I think the teacher should have encouraged me not just sent me away.  Now I'm just waiting for Gareth ;D ;D ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 19:41:18 »
I still think Ace's was the pick of the bunch.   ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

pumkinlover

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 19:59:16 »
It look's like Wherever you are is being held back so you can only buy it Christmas week-good plot to help it to be no.1
Liked Ace's but do you detect a common theme with his avatar? ;)

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 15:05:14 »
I've ordered it from our local record shop, he was going to check up that the order will be in next week. Reckons he's never seen anything like it and there will be a riot if he doesn't get them in!!!

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 15:27:54 »
I hadn't heard this choir thing until they were on Strictly at the weekend.  I'm sorry, but I thought it was awful.  I don't know if it was because they were live but they were flat, out of time and the song is complete schmalz.  It's everything that's bad about records made especially for Christmas.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 15:31:18 »
Can't please all of the people all of the time.

I love it.  

I will buy it perhaps to send a message to X Factor that there is more to Xmas.

I intend buying an MP3 download £1.49, but do not even have an MP3 player.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 15:35:57 by Digeroo »

pumkinlover

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 15:40:12 »
I hadn't heard this choir thing until they were on Strictly at the weekend.  I'm sorry, but I thought it was awful.  I don't know if it was because they were live but they were flat, out of time and the song is complete schmalz.  It's everything that's bad about records made especially for Christmas.

If you'd seen the series you may have felt differently Ceres.  We know it's for the telly, we know Gareth is gorgeous but he has worked in some very deprived areas starting these choirs and getting ordinary folks to find a quality in themselves they never knew they had, to watch them grow in confidence and as human beings has been touching. He has  a special gift, and with luck the enthusiasm he generates will have spin-offs in other places.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal