Author Topic: Gary Speed found dead.  (Read 2903 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Gary Speed found dead.
« on: November 27, 2011, 15:20:40 »
The Wales football manager Gary Speed has been found dead at his Cheshire home. So very sad. RIP.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Gary Speed found dead.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 16:00:00 »
I can't get my head round it at the moment, thoughts go out to his wife and two children.   :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 16:13:38 »
 I saw this on Google about 2hrs ago  we are so shocked.
Whatever was troubling the poor man sent him over the edge IF only it had been noticed
it  is very sad indeed.  God Bless him.   R I P

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 17:00:49 »
This man had everything to live for, why?Gary ,your poor family, RIP!

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 17:36:21 »
yes,tragic news jude and I were returning from Kingston Market yesterday afternoon when I heard the news.
Being a life long footy fan, and NO Gary didnt play for my team, but none the less any professional that
entertained me during his career and has since gone on to managerial success and sounded polite and grateful for his lot got my vote.
Very strange that it affected me just as much as when I walked into work all those years ago on a sunday morning to see the fellers in the rest room standing there stunned when Di died,dunno why,just seemed a nice guy that
didnt deserve to die so young.
RIP Gary

Gazza

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 17:50:29 »
Mental health is such a fragile thing............friend of Jim's did that to herself years ago and he said how awful it was for her loved ones and her friends.
I think they convince themselves it is for the best.So very very sad.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 13:45:29 »
As a "victim" of a fraternal suicide I feel sorry for the family.  They will probably never get over it.

Suicide is unforgiveable.  It tears families apart, leaves parents, partners and children bewildered and feeling guilty and abandoned.  This sibling is still angry - when she thinks about it which is less and less but the rifts it caused and the damage to his parents and partner have proved unmendable and do not fade with time.

Whether Gary Speed did it deliberatley because he couldn't cope with his life, or accidentally because he was messing with the high supposedly present at near asphyxiation, what he did was stupid and selfish and thoughtless.
Obxx - Vendée France

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 23:05:57 »
Surely the person who does this act is in no fit state of mind and unable to
understand the pain their actions cause.

Anger is a normal reaction,even after the death of someone who has died of
natural causes.How  can they leave us when we need them and love them so much??

I think the person who chooses suicide was as sick as someone who goes from disease.Sickness of the mind if you like.

Hope your anger will fade and compassion replace it.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 23:49:46 »
obelix im so sorry for your loss,the one person who could explain why this happened to your family isnt here anymore and i feel for you.
betula i agree,this poor man has at least raised awareness re mental health issues and how debilitating it can be... my ex boyfriend hung himself last year leaving a 15 year old son behind,his mum and siblings.we were only together for a short while but remained close friends afterwards for 12 years,the last year of his life i didnt hear from him much but i put that down to him moving back to oz.Jock never showed any signs of depression,indeed he was the life and soul of  the party and incredibly supportive to all he met. i will always miss him and wish i had done more..even though it appears his illness had gone beyond any help.RIP jock.
Rach x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 16:59:50 »
I was very saddened to hear about Gary Speed.  He seemed to have everything going for him having started to really get somewhere with the Welsh team. 

All that knew him said what a lovely man he was; kind and thoughtful with a good sense of humour. 

It was the fact that he took his own life that made it so upsetting.  Had he been killed in a car crash or died of ill health, it would have been more acceptable but I just can't get my head round the fact that he hung himself.  It is just so sad as he had so much going for him.  He had a good career and a lovely wife and family so why did he decide to end it all?

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 17:07:17 »
That's the million dollar question and I don't think we'll ever find out, everyone says good old Gary but I still have it nagging away that he never spared a thought for his wife and children, imagine if one of them kids had found him first, I'm sorry a great guy but I think it was a selfish act.     :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 18:04:56 »
I wondered if Obbelix's suggestion was nearer the mark, and that it was completely accidental and unfortunate.........

"or accidentally because he was messing with the high supposedly present at near asphyxiation"

From all I've heard about him  from the day before the event and his immediate plans for the v. near future, it fits the bill. However, not for us to need to know - enough that it's happened and that his family have to now face the aftermath of life without him.

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:53 »
i lost a stepson in the same way no outward signs of anything wrong its a lot to get over

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal