Author Topic: Finished  (Read 5109 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Finished
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 09:05:19 »
Thank you Tee Gee for the lovely bouquet and your Christmas wishes. 

It is nice to be able to say, all finished!  Never happens here, though  :)  Just a different way of gardening, I guess.  Can't dig about half, because there are still a lot of crops there, most cossetted under fleece (which needs rearranging after every so often).  Still have a good amount of winter radish, endive and real lettuce, rocket and lamb's lettuce, apart from the PSB, kales, leeks, parsnips and other crops that stay in the ground and get harvested as and when.  Overwintering spring onions and Babington leeks are still going strong and cloches, greenhouse and cold frame are growing orientals and salad crops.  I am making full use of microclimates in the garden for winter salad crops and whilst there are losses in really cold weather, there are more successes.  There is a lot of feathery Greek cress under one cloche, that will make pretty Christmas starter plate decorations. I hope to be able to keep the garden salad crops going for as long as possible.  There will be a meagre time, but as soon as light levels and temperatures improve again, everything will pick up and seeds sown a while ago, will sprout.  There are as many ways as there are gardeners.  :)

I loved reading your worked out and detailed planting plan.  Thank you very much.  You are so organised!  Enjoy putting your feet up!  I also like reading your webpage.

Best Christmas wishes to you and yours and everybody at A4A!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 10:16:40 »
Finished?...on going and never ending here..GH is getting already full with all sorts in modules and pot.. ::) ;D
But that plan does look proper job..couldn't done better me self..on a ripped out piece of cardboard.. :-X ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:13:08 by goodlife »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 11:09:51 »
I am really impressed by how organised you are.  I also have a lot of crops still on going and quite a lot of green manure.  But all the areas earmarked for early crops are covered with mulch and ready to go.   

I am digging the pits for the courgettes and squashes and filling them with biomatter, but there are a few months to go before these will be needed so plenty of time to get them sorted.  So I am really ahead of myself this year. 

Looking forward to a Xmas dinner with loads of my own fresh veg.  With a lack of frost it will be easy to dig them up this year this year.   

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 11:32:16 »
so teegee what do the numbers in top row mean

The top row is as has been said; I have two plots i.e. Plots 1 & 2

The year is for the benefit of filing the pages to use in my rotation programme in future years.

Next row is the size of the beds, lower down it is the length of the greenhouses.

x8 etc means I wil plant eight plants across the bed.

Top right etc is the particular beds in the greenhouses & tunnel.

The blank bed is usually used for overspill,quick growing plants then ultimately the following years garlic & winter onions.

XXX is just to seperate plot 1 from plot 2 on the plan.

I hope that answers your questions.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 19:46:08 »
I started off at primary school, with imperial measures, and then had metric in secondary school. I can cope with either, but I still have to translate temperatures into Fahrenheit before they mean very much.

I'm never finished, but all I have to do for Christmas is life some oca.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal