Author Topic: New retirement age 67  (Read 11055 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: New retirement age 67
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 11:29:07 »
Love it ACE....
Medicine is great.... was pushed out on ill-health... too young for pensions... too old (expensive) to get back into my line of work...  :-\

Spudbash

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 14:46:12 »
Love the fancy zimmer, Ace!  ;D 

You give us a brilliant example of self-reinvention and it's for each person to find what suits him or her as the next stage of life comes along. Sometimes that'll mean a change of career or going into voluntary work, or simply living life to the full, I guess. On the Action for Happiness website, they talk about meaning and purpose and connection to something bigger.  (http://www.actionforhappiness.org/10-keys-to-happier-living/be-part-of-something-bigger)

I get a lot out of knowing that there individuals out there in the great allotment site of life, logging on and sharing their time and experience with other gardeners. And look how much money we're raising for charity this Christmas, and the Movember thread - I think there's some meaning and purpose and connection to something bigger here....maybe you all do, too?

Spudbash  :)

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 17:04:46 »

Personally I'm not sure I'll make it to his age and I am even more doubtful about the younger generation.

oh you will. The advances in modern medicine in the last 20 years and the next 20 mean that most of us will live into our 80's, many into our 90's, and a record number of 100+ will exist. In fact, its commonly accepted in medical circles that somewhere in a primary school, somewhere in the world, the first human who will  live to be 500 years old has already been born and is walking around.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 23:29:35 »

Personally I'm not sure I'll make it to his age and I am even more doubtful about the younger generation.

oh you will. The advances in modern medicine in the last 20 years and the next 20 mean that most of us will live into our 80's, many into our 90's, and a record number of 100+ will exist. In fact, its commonly accepted in medical circles that somewhere in a primary school, somewhere in the world, the first human who will  live to be 500 years old has already been born and is walking around.

I'll let you know in 50 years time.  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal