Author Topic: opinions on Hairy Bikers - Perfect Pies book  (Read 1777 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
opinions on Hairy Bikers - Perfect Pies book
« on: November 25, 2011, 22:11:03 »
Does anybody have this book,  if so what do you think as I am looking to buy it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hairy-Bikers-Perfect-Pies-Ultimate/dp/0297863258/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322259064&sr=1-1

many thanks
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

plainleaf

• Hectare
Re: opinions on Hairy Bikers - Perfect Pies book
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:19:57 »
from what i can see they need to see a good barber. but i suggest they don't use sweeney todd.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 09:21:47 »
It's only just been published, hasn't it?  Looking on Amazon, it's got rave reviews.  As far as I can see, the only objections anyone has got are that the Kindle edition is too expensive and the recipes cover flans and tarts and things which aren't technically pies!

So I think you'd be on pretty safe ground if you ordered it (Pretty good price on Amazon too, and you can order via the A4A Amazon shop. Hint, hint.)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 15:25:29 »
If you go to the BBC Food website and type in "Hairy Bikers+pie" you'll get 599 recipes listed.

Not the same as having a book but you can create your own virtual binder of recipes and print off the ones you really like.
Obxx - Vendée France

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 20:05:44 »
Do you really need some hyper inflated tv cooks to tell you how to make pies!

Try the ACE method and save yourself the trouble of having another book collecting dust on your kitchen shelves.

Get your favourite food, bung some pastry around it and chuck it in the oven until it is cooked.

If you need anymore, write your name and address on the back of a twenty quid note and send it to me.

For anybody on a diet, I have the perfect pie for you. Just do the same as above but leave out the pastry bit. Some of you might say there is a flaw in this recipe as you like the pastry, Easily fixed, use the pastry bit,  just leave out the filling.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 20:48:47 »
There's loads of super recipes on here, including Gazza's photo recipes ;D ;D ;D
Ace has got some good ideas for those counting the calories, I can also suggest flans (half the pastry) or smaller portions ;)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 23:02:03 »
.... Some of you might say there is a flaw in this recipe as you like the pastry, Easily fixed, use the pastry bit,  just leave out the filling.

Mmmmmm.  Cheese straws.   :)

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 23:19:56 »

Diet Cowpie

Ingredients  None.

""No animals were injured in any way during the making of this Recipe"".... ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal